Some Different Shots of my 04 Cobra... Let Me Know What You Think

GREY95GTS

Father & aon project
Established Member
I see you have the shorty antenna.
I heard some guys actually cut them down, would you lose reception with cutting it down or no? I was talking about it with my dad and i had no idea.
Help me out?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Thanks for the comments.

I can't lower it, the car sits only a couple inches off the ground with the long tubes, it would be too much of a pain to drive with it lowered.

As far as the antenna is concerned, I can't see any huge decrease in recption with the stock one cut, I ordered mine from American Muscle.

Josh

BCP

Established Member
Car looks nice...

The pics, while the ideas behind them were good...i think could have been executed a little better. I like the reflection photos, nice idea and executed pretty nicely too. I would have placed the focus on the Cobra thats on the seat, so it were the focal point and sharp, instead of the door panel though.

Some of the night shots look blurry, and in checking the EXIF i see you used a very slow shutter speed to acheive the proper exposure. If hand holding your camera, this is definitely going to cause the blur. You really need a tripod to provide a stable base, and then use the built-in timer on your camera (no remote shutter release for a Panasonic DMC-FX8) so that you pushing the shutter release doesnt cause any shake. Your ISO was pretty low, so you may have been able to bump that up slightly to get a fast shutter speed for the same exposure, then used a noise reduction program to clean it up a little.

Also, try to keep and limbs or plants from sneaking into the foreground....especially when using a wider aperture since the focus will be on the closest object, the plant and the car which was what you wanted sharp will be blurred. Not to mention it usually looks a little better without the limb kind of dangling in the frame.

Not trying to be an ass...just give an honest critique of the photos.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'm using a crappy Panasonic Lumix digital camera, I really need a SLR so I can manually adjust the focus, aperature, and shutter speed. My camera doesn't allow for any manual adjustments. I don't really know a whole lot about photography but would like a descent camera to take pics with.

I also don't have a tripod so I had to make due with what I had around me that I could set the camera on. It was around 1am when I took them (the night shots) so it was dark and that made getting a good shot even harder.

Taking the pics in the glass was a pita, it was near to impossible to get the car at the right angle to get both the actual car and the reflection right.

Thanks for the feedback!

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Nice pics.

How do those tires hold with your power? Any issue with 2nd gear punches?

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Thats a great looking and very clean Cobra. If you can keep black that clean you deserve to own it, imho just do one thing (eibach pro-kit springs & take out the front & rear spring isolators) Your Cobra will look perfect with a drop

BCP

Established Member
I'm using a crappy Panasonic Lumix digital camera, I really need a SLR so I can manually adjust the focus, aperature, and shutter speed. My camera doesn't allow for any manual adjustments. I don't really know a whole lot about photography but would like a descent camera to take pics with.

I also don't have a tripod so I had to make due with what I had around me that I could set the camera on. It was around 1am when I took them (the night shots) so it was dark and that made getting a good shot even harder.

Taking the pics in the glass was a pita, it was near to impossible to get the car at the right angle to get both the actual car and the reflection right.

Thanks for the feedback!

I saw what you were shooting with when i checked the EXIF data. I agree, a DSLR would work better in that type of lighting...was just offering some thoughts on how to make them better with the camera you have. Stable support is imperative with longer exposures such as what you posted, be it a tripod or other means. The self timer helps too, as it eliminates the residual movement cause by you pressing the shutter release.

No doubt the reflection shots were difficult!

Users who are viewing this thread