Some body school me on how PAYPAL works

lizardbreath

Banned
I have a fellow who wants to buy some wheels from me but I am very unfamiliar with paypal (I have an account) Can somebody tell me how this transaction works and how to set it up? Thanks....

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Login to your account, read the "fees" in great detail.

Basically they nail you for 3% +.30 cents on every credit card transaction.

If you want to get the money OUT of the account, I think they charge you a fee for issuing a check and you have to wait until hell freezes over to get it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
TurdFerguson said:
cant you send the money in your paypal account directly into your checking acct/whatever acct you use?

yes, takes about three days.

to the OP, carefully screen the person who wants to buy these from you. they had better have quite a bit of feedback and VERY positive, like 98%+. check to see what some of their other purchases have been.

you can also do what i do, require the buyer to have a "confirmed paypal address". paypal will only back you if you do this. if you dont, you can get screwed. although with paypal, you can screwed anyways :shrug:

mach1gsxr

Established Member
I just send the funds direct to my checking acct. They deduct 3% for whatever fees and give you the rest.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
mach1gsxr said:
I just send the funds direct to my checking acct. They deduct 3% for whatever fees and give you the rest.

+1. Yup. Takes 2 to 3 days.

I always wait till the funds hit my account before I ship.

Users who are viewing this thread