Some advice..

magicman

Established Member
have a 02L 8lb pulley lfp tune sbtb plugs sct2600 cai magnaflow exh. im sittin at 357hp. altitude @6200ft
with out nos and a aftermarket blower what can we do to gain some hp??
cams? long tube headers? need some suggestions!!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
ported eaton (supercharger), e-fans, dual pass heat exchanger... Are you looking to get good track times or just make more power? You should definetly be making more power than that. 357 is real low. I would try to get a local tuner to dyno tune you if you have not already.

magicman

Established Member
ported eaton (supercharger), e-fans, dual pass heat exchanger... Are you looking to get good track times or just make more power? You should definetly be making more power than that. 357 is real low. I would try to get a local tuner to dyno tune you if you have not already.

I want make more power to have better track times. I thought 357 was low also i know its just numbers and the track will give me my true horse power. what stage of porting? they offer different ones if i looked correctly. what is your thoughts on using the bottle? i was looking into stage 2 cams is it worth it?

Dusten

Established Member
if i were you, i'd get rid of the 8lb lower, its to much for the stock blower. Get a stage 3 or 4 port, spin with with a 6lb lower, get some long tubes. If you want better track times, get some traction bars, adjustable shocks, and a high stall converter

magicman

Established Member
if i were you, i'd get rid of the 8lb lower, its to much for the stock blower. Get a stage 3 or 4 port, spin with with a 6lb lower, get some long tubes. If you want better track times, get some traction bars, adjustable shocks, and a high stall converter

Ok ill get the blower done and order some headers throw my 6lb back on. i have traction bars. ill also look into a converter and shocks
Thanks for your help

Dusten

Established Member
ya, i had a circle D 2400. daily driving it was barely noticable, but at the track, or just launching hard on the street brought a lot of fun

Dusten

Established Member
how tall?

whatever fits your wheels, he didnt say slicks. If you are going to run slicks get some 28" tall slicks. They are pretty close to stock height. Here is my truck with the 28" slicks on the back
Passengerside.gif

if you run slicks or DR's at the track, get one of these
lightning040.gif

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Get a new tune, from a reputable tuner like Amazon, or one of the other well known tuners. A dyno tune is the best way to go. Have you checked your A/F ratio with your current tune?

Ported heads, cams, and long tubes should all give you more power along with a dyno tune. Also, get a VB from a reputable shop for the trans too, you wont be dissappointed..

magicman

Established Member
whatever fits your wheels, he didnt say slicks. If you are going to run slicks get some 28" tall slicks. They are pretty close to stock height. Here is my truck with the 28" slicks on the back
Passengerside.gif

if you run slicks or DR's at the track, get one of these
lightning040.gif

Truck looks good! like your bar setup:thumbsup:

magicman

Established Member
Get a new tune, from a reputable tuner like Amazon, or one of the other well known tuners. A dyno tune is the best way to go. Have you checked your A/F ratio with your current tune?

Ported heads, cams, and long tubes should all give you more power along with a dyno tune. Also, get a VB from a reputable shop for the trans too, you wont be dissappointed..

I live in cheyenne wyoming and no place around here that does any performance mods or tunning. My A/F is like 12.1 12.5 last time i was full throttle. who do you recommend for a vb?

Dusten

Established Member
Really what is your A/F ratio?

mine was 11.3, but i don't have anything with with a gas motor that goes fast, just my diesel now.

But as stated anything from 11.3-11.8 is ok on a stock motor, you can run a little higher with built. when it starts to get that high you run a huge chance of detonation and blowing the motor sky high

Users who are viewing this thread