Solid swap coming next weekend!

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
First, please save the "IRS is/can better better" banter, I have made my decision based on my goals for the car and what I WANT TO DO (imagine that, it being my car and all).

I decided to do it based on weight savings and costs. I am hoping to take some pics and give advice from what I learn during the swap. The solid will be coming out of a Mach 1 that current has 4.30 gears, but will be swapping the stock 3.55s back in. I am going to order a set of road race control arms from Maximum Motorsports to give me a good balance of street performance and straight line performance. If they turn out to not be what I need, I will replace them.

I have a chance to buy a T2R Torsen 28 spline for $500 and have it installed at the same time (no charge, the Mach owner and I are doing the swap together) but I plan on upgrading to 31 spline sooner than later, so no point IMO.

Looking forward to this swap. Also getting my Maximum Motorsports STB put on at the same time. I ordered the one that clears the KB/Whipple to plan ahead!:fm:

After that, my idlers should be here and the 2.76 upper, idlers, and tune with my Xcal3 will be soon to follow. Then, I have Hawk HPS pads, Russell braided lines, and will order some new Brembo blanks and fluid to do a brake refresh. Gotta love getting a great job offer as soon as you come out with your Masters!

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Thanks Eric. I called Maximum Motorsports and told them I wanted a set of LCAs primary for street use, occasional strip and they said "we don't have any adjustable LCAs appropriate for your targeted level of horsepower."

But they are about to release a set of high horsepower adjustable ones within the next couple of weeks, so I will get those sometime later.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Swapped! Very easy. The ONLY issue we had was getting the pinion flange off to swap them, as the pulley puller from Advanced Auto we rented didn't have the size bolts we needed. It was a decently easy work around.

Overall I am very happy, and I have even prepped with UCA/LCAs yet.

Users who are viewing this thread