Solid Rear guys what springs are you running?

stangliter04

Established Member
I'm getting the rest of the parts together for my Solid rear swap and this has been the hardest part of the process... Figuring out which springs to run. I have the H&R Race springs on the car now and love the stance.

Did you guys just buy a set of 99-04 GT springs and install them?

I know I only need the rears but figure buying the entire set and switching all 4 will allow me to sell the Race springs easier. :shrug:

Please post pics of your SRA cobras and your setup. :beer:

Thanks
Ryan

z28misfit

Established Member
my car has Bullit springs in the rear,,but still has the cobra front springs. It sits pretty level,,but I would like to drop the front now. I bought the car already with the solid axle in it,,so thats what the previous owner had on the car.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Cobra spings front, GT springs rear, both cut to lower the car. The rear is very "squishy," I'll be changing the springs (And shocks) in the rear as soon as possible.

cobra5.jpg

cobra6.jpg

Last edited:

wickedsnake03

KB blown
Established Member
I am running stock cobra front springs with one iso, In the back I have stock GT springs with no isos and a set of lakewood 50/50 drag shocks. My rear tire is a 27x11.50x15.

079-1.jpg

085.jpg

0829091217.jpg

deec73

Established Member
I have Steeda Sport springs in the front and Mach1's with no iso's in the rear.

29978_1484737281227_1317747441_1297191_6824107_n.jpg

Autolycus

Established Member
i went with a set of coil overs from lethal all around from upr with Qa1s all around havent had the car out still in my building stage from what little ive drove her in and out feels good and u can adjust the ride hight. if u want some pics of it let me know ill snap a few shots of her

z28misfit

Established Member
I'm thinking of trying out either the Ford Racing C springs or BBK springs,not sure what they are called. American Muscle has them on their website,,they are blue in color.. I dont want the car too stiff and I dont want it slammed,,,just alittle lower than stock. So I'm thinking more towards the BBK springs for now..but like I said considering the ford racing "c" springs???? This car is gonna see more time on the street and some drag race use,,but will probably never see a road coarse so thats why I wanna stay away from a really stiff spring..I still want it to be able to hook somewhat at the drag strip

z28misfit

Established Member
just ordered those BBK springs,,,so hopefully they show up by friday..I plan on installing them and then I'll have to remember to take pics and post them in this thread. They are supposed to be 1.5" drop all around

lxhatch302

Established Member
HR race springs all the way around...car rides fine with no iso's to me atleast and road noise is just like any other mustang ive driven...

IMG_0754.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread