solid diff bushings...

NotOrange...

Established Member
can anyone tell me, with the M/M solid diff bushings, can you install the rear one (the big blue chunk of metal, lol) without pulling the axles, and diff completely out of the car? I didn't take enough notice when I did the previous work on the rear, I didn't think I'd do these, but you know how things go...

All the writeups I've seen have been with people doing the whole swap with all the IRS bushings, I'm only doing the Main Subframe front and rear, plus the diff ones, I don't see the need to pull the whole assembly off the car unless I completely have to.

Thanks,
Shawn

71catruck

Established Member
i pulled the diff all the way out when i did mine. the stock rear mount is shaped kinda weird and i think it might be imposible to get off with the diff in the car. it was realy easy though.

Jack Hidley

Established Member
Shawn,

I think it will be pretty much impossible to change out the rear mount without pulling the differential out of the subframe.

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
Shawn,

I think it will be pretty much impossible to change out the rear mount without pulling the differential out of the subframe.

+1 Impossible, there is no way to get at the two bolts that bolt the support to the carrier without dropping the whole thing. Once you get under the car and look at it, it will be obvious.

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
i just posted my bushing install, save yourself the heartache and pull the diff. i wasted so much time trying to keep the diff in till i realized only my axles were holding it in

Users who are viewing this thread