solid axle swap?

Laxpaint5

Established Member
Guys with solid axle's, which do you recommend? Horsepower by herrmann in maryland wants 4600 dollars for the C4 installed including a cat-back.

That sounds steap! Any suggestions.

Thanks for your help

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I'm gussing thats including the c-4 and the built rear? If soo thats probably around the ball park its much cheaper to do it your self. I've got about a grand into mine so with labor and the trans I can see it being around that to do it. I'm no expert on it though just a guess. Hoped that helped :beer:.

Power Trip

Established Member
A built c4 with all the options is quite experisive. Check out dynamic racing - http://www.dynamicracingtrans.com/

They are highly regarded as one of the best, if not the best when it comes to c4's. Way back when i had a single turbo setup on my old car i almost bought a c4 from them. Give them a call and add all the extras you want on the tranny and see what kinda price you come out with.

Good luck.

Laxpaint5

Established Member
i am not willing to spend that much money on a c4 but thanks for your help. I am thinking about a solid rear out of wrecked mustang that a friend of mine has.

seanwr400

Established Member
Tide612 said:
Buy the stuff yourself and build it yourself. I had someone do mine and i think that i could have done it myself if i had a lift.
You don't even really need the lift. I did my axle on jack stands in the garage. It took me about two evenings to get done. Can even be done without help, but it is easrier with 2 guys. Click on the pill on Postban's sig for all the info you need.

Users who are viewing this thread