Solid Axle swap questions

jumperjack

Established Member
700 isn't to bad... if you are going to do all that to the rear... might as well get C-clip eliminators as well... Also you might consider welding the battle boxes... what shocks are you going with???
forget the c clip eliminators they will leak better off getting the 9" ends welded on. Our axles are prevented from comming out by the disk brake setup.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
forget the c clip eliminators they will leak better off getting the 9" ends welded on. Our axles are prevented from comming out by the disk brake setup.

what is it with everyone and their false information? C Clip eliminators DONOT leak if installed correctly. When you have some amateur pressing them on wrong and dont seal them then they will leak. Throw some high temp RTV sealant on them and your right as rain. Ive had my c clip eliminators on for about 6 months now, thru rain, snow etc and i have never seen them leak.

mush4u

Established Member
i traded my IRS for a fully built 8.8 with all strange axles ans internals, qa1 adjustable shocks. udjustable uppers with soid lowers.....everything down to the springs and abs sensors.......even had a mack cover......he just wanted car back to stock and all my irs had was a brace. so he got my irs and $100

so i would put a thread out there first before spending 700 unless u want to keep your irs?

Users who are viewing this thread