solid axle rub.

lachj1

Established Member
I wanted to post here also, The suspension forum doesen't always get a lot of traffic.
anyone experience tire rub with a solid axle? I had the stock tires on for a while and under hard cornering or going over an uneven grade my rear tires are ruubbing the wheelwell/crush panels in the rear section of the wheel well.
I noticed this because I'm switching to 315 nitto's and the problem's only gonna get worse.
Are there some rubber stoppers that are supposed to be in place at the ends of the axle tubes?

The only thing I can think of is that maybe my wheels have too much of a tucked in offset or the end result is that I have to mod the whhel wells. their grinding the corners of the tires like a lathe..

Wharf Rat

Established Member
I am already running the 315 Nittos with a solid and haven't noticed anything like that yet. My fenders have been rolled in though from the cut springs incident with the IRS (I chopped a little too much).

Are you running the H&R race or super sports? I have the race springs and I have plenty of room.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I run 315 Nittos on stock wheels with my Solid and it doesnt rub at all. Im assuming you have a pre-99 axle housing, that would make sense then

Dave

lachj1

Established Member
It is a 99 and up rear end purchased brand new from ford. It must be the rims I'm running. I'm running the H&R springs but I have the MM adjustable height control arms and they're at max height.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
lachj1 said:
It is a 99 and up rear end purchased brand new from ford. It must be the rims I'm running. I'm running the H&R springs but I have the MM adjustable height control arms and they're at max height.

Yup its most likely the rims. Didnt notice you had aftermarket wheels. You will need a wheel with a different BS or maybe a spacer.

That car sounds familiar, is that that guy Stefans old car?

lachj1

Established Member
No, I've had this car since 5.7 miles on it. there is a similar car nearby with the same wheels I'm not sure how that happened? I think he's a Ford Mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread