Solid Axle exuahst hangers Q

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
I am in the final stages of my solid axle swap but have hit yet another snag. I have stock 01 GT exhaust hangars but do not know where to mount them. Does anybody where these hangars bolt up to the body and possibly have a picture?? I installed longtubes as well so i am dieng to hear what the new axhaust sounds like if i could ever hang these d*** muffs.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Use the pipes as your guide. If you have a prefabbed catback from any major manufacturer it should be really obvious where to bolt the hangers.

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
I wish i could do that. But im running SLP Power flo's dumped, and had To weld some hangars to the turndowns. Not sure if they are in the stock location But i can only guess that they arent. I just want the hangars in the stock location so i can run a solid axle exhaust with tailpipes when i pick up some M55's

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I wish i could do that. But im running SLP Power flo's dumped, and had To weld some hangars to the turndowns. Not sure if they are in the stock location But i can only guess that they arent. I just want the hangars in the stock location so i can run a solid axle exhaust with tailpipes when i pick up some M55's

aaaah. Welp. they should be on the end of the frame horns behind the rear bumper. Look for two holes side-by-side: one threaded and one not.

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
I have the tip hangers that are still there when i had my bassani SS catback. And i have 2 of these hangars, each have 2 rubber hangar grommits or whatever you would like to call them. i'll try to get some pics up when i get off

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the mounts bolt to the part of the floor pan that rises up over the axle. There should be holes for the mounts. I don't know if the Cobras have the nutserts for them in the floor pan though.

Users who are viewing this thread