Sold!!

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Well guys the Shelby has a new home.

It's been a pleasure chatting and learning on this forum.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I'm going to stick with strictly race cars. I have a x275 car and a 10.5 outlaw car.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Well you certainly set lots of high bars for many of us to clear Tony! Hope you stick around and post up from time to time. Good luck with your race toys and hope you find a good street car one day!

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Someone has a very well built car. Now the second guessing will come in. I went threw withdrawal, doubt, anger and replaced the 08 Z with a 10. Time will tell

bull3441

Established Member
Congrats. Question for you. Did you bring a higher price with the built engine? I'm trying to figure out how to price my car with the L&M motor.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I got a car and some money as a trade. Very hard to sell it outright. I think it was a little to extreme for most people. I would think your car would be an easier sell although you probably won't get much extra because of the motor.

bull3441

Established Member
I got a car and some money as a trade. Very hard to sell it outright. I think it was a little to extreme for most people. I would think your car would be an easier sell although you probably won't get much extra because of the motor.
I agree, just curious. I never sold a built motor car before.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member

I don't think you ever get any extra. Maybe for blowers and stuff...

Shit I had

$2200 injector
$3500 rearend
$1500 in rear suspension
$1600 clutch
$6500 turbo kit
$1500 boost controller
$3500 worth of wheels
$10000 motor
$1000 front suspension
$2000 fuel system
$3000 roll cage
Who knows how much in labor and testing $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Probably $30000

KOTS winner....magazine car twice

None of it means shit....you have to find the ASS for the seat!!!

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member

I find it depends on the car's condition... I have sold a car for the fact its a SHOWROOM CONDITION CAR... I have sold a car because of the motor... got 8 grand for a built motor in a reconditioned 87 cobra a few years ago. *nods* yeah that reconditioning wasn't cheap... but 8 grand on an 87 foxbody, notttt to shabby.

white88lx

Established Member

My opinion is depends on the crowd you are selling it too. With someone with knowledge in the car/racing scene a well built motor will raise the value of the car cause they understand the purpose, advantages, difficulty, pricing and so on that it takes for a build like that to take place....but to sale to some regular-joe on the street he wont give a shit. With my Foxbody I sold about a year ago The build motor and so on raised the priced quite a bit when i sold it.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Lots of ways to do things but profit margin changes when you factor in the work aspect of it. Put a price on time and there you have it. When you deal with true enthusiasts with well known shops involved you end up pretty decent. Was going to sell mine a while back and told the buyer that the L & M motor on the stand was going with it. He asked who was L & M. Not the motor is being used and started to like the car so it stayed.

The car is only worth what someone will pay for it once heavily modified. You have to find someone that appreciates the work and knows what it takes to get a car to that level. Problems come in because some want to build their own, ones who truly respect it don't necessarily have the financial backing, or like stated to radical for some. My first stang I sold had many people wanting it. Just
couldn't get over HI Comp needing 93 with a mix of Cam2 and not sitting in traffic.

Add in the 5500 stall so it didn't want to be on the highway period. They couldn't get past that.took about 6 months for a Guy to see it running 10.80s on motor at the track and dipping into the 9s on gas to sell.

The Z went fast because like Tony's car it had great street manners and could be driven anywhere. I still shed a tear when I see it go by. Time for him to build something else now.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Bottom line is there is an ass for every seat....You just have to find the right ass for your seat....Words of wisdom from my Father!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread