Sold the V6, need new car...

01SlobraVert

Girlie Poster!
Established Member
Well, I sold my V6 2 weeks ago :( and I was wanting a 4x4 vehicle so I'm not stuck at home when it snows. My dad's friend has a car lot and got a 93 blazer the other day. It's white, looks pretty good (not great, but no scratches or dents or anything) and as far as we all know it runs good. He bought it for $1500 at the dealer auction so I can get it for $1600. Not quite 150k miles on it. 4x4 works. Nice interior, no stains or smells and it sits good. The only thing is my dad says when I revved on it he had his hand behind the exhaust and said it blew hotter air than normal. Not sure what he really meant or how hot it was or anything, but I was wondering what that could mean. I need to let the guy know something today so any asap help is appreciated!! Thanks guys! :D
(I may have left something out, ask me if you have a question and I'll let you know if I know the answer or not - I'm at work so I'm typing fast)

04 Redline

Established Member
Have a dealer do an electronic diag to see if anything is abnormal. Check out the current tread in the tires, condition of fluids, belts, and frame. 1600 would be a nice price for an off-roader, especially a 93', but not if it needs 1-2000 in repairs. Don't feel pressured into buying used cars, especially from a friend. Take your time as there are a ton of used trucks out there.

01SlobraVert

Girlie Poster!
Established Member
Yeah, I've checked most of those and it's all been good so far. Almost brand new tires on it. I've looked around and this one is the best I've found so far for such a good deal. My dad is getting to bring it home 2nite to test drive some more and look at. We'll get more in depth with it then. All the hoses and fluids look fine. My b/f is coming to look at it 2nite too. Thanks for the input.
Also a question I forgot to list before. Does anyone know of any problems these years are prone to? Certain years can have certain problems, just wondering. Thanks!

Steeltwo

Established Member
my friend had a 94 or 95(old box style)

and he would never buy one again.
I could list the problems it had, but he basically spent 4500 fixing the vechile that he purchased for 8 in a matter of two years.

i remember having to move it, dash lights were toast, door handle has ripped off, idled like crap had no go power left. And it didn't even have 100k on the clock.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Again, a friend of mine had one from the early 90's and it was nothing but trouble. Run a carfax if you can, there may just be some info on it, but if there isn't that doesn't mean the car is clean. I bought an 86 4Runner for my winter beater and love it. 163k on the thing and it runs and starts fine everyday. I would be real careful with a blazer that old.

01SlobraVert

Girlie Poster!
Established Member
Ok, well I didn't get it. My dad checked underneath it last night in his shop and said the radiator and drive shaft seal were leaking. The air also stopped working randomly. Also, he said if he drove it around for a few mins and stopped the oil pressure would drop some. So, I'm still looking! Any suggestions? I really wanted an early 90's Jeep, but figured I'd look at that Blazer, too.

Users who are viewing this thread