Sold the CObra

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Well everyone... the Cobra is gone. Well, not really because I sold it to my dad :rolling:

But I am now driving around in a POS Jetta. I sold it due to high insurance costs. 9 points + 22yr old driver = no good. :eek:

I'm planning on buying a bike when I come back from my vacation, or maybe buy an 04 at the end of the year. I'm planning on recieving a big raise in August.

Anyone intrested in a fr500 cat back with 30,000 miles on it?

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by peterjmc
Well everyone... the Cobra is gone. Well, not really because I sold it to my dad :rolling:

But I am now driving around in a POS Jetta. I sold it due to high insurance costs. 9 points + 22yr old driver = no good. :eek:

I'm planning on buying a bike when I come back from my vacation, or maybe buy an 04 at the end of the year. I'm planning on recieving a big raise in August.

Anyone intrested in a fr500 cat back with 30,000 miles on it?

Sorry you had to sell her. Can't imagine what your insurance must have been each month!

How much for the cat back?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by peterjmc
But I am now driving around in a POS Jetta.

:uh oh: :uh oh: :uh oh:

POS? No :nono: :(

Magnificent, gorgeous, wonderful, yes.:thumbsup:

:p :D

That sucks dude. Prepare for some very shitty months to come without your car...especially when you punch it on the freeway and nothing happens...:cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Re: Re: Sold the CObra

Originally posted by NYCStangGT
:uh oh: :uh oh: :uh oh:

POS? No :nono: :(

Magnificent, gorgeous, wonderful, yes.:thumbsup:

:p :D

Gas mileage is Wonderful!! :beer:

and thats about it... :(

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
What kinda Jetta you get? I've gotten mine up pretty fast- you'd be surprised.:-D

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
95 GL, it needs some work.

This will make me happy to just drive it every day...

- Cluster lights, I can't see my speed at night
- Airbag light is on
- Alignment
- Wheels balanced, there is a whirring noise
- Align headlights

There is also this weird stutter when accelerating when low in gear. I'm thinking changing out the fuel filter will cure this? I remember previously that we found condensation inside the distributor cap (I'm not sure how the hell that happened) and that is what cause this similar problem, but there is no condensation inside it.

Fixing this would be nice...

- Get a radio, for now I'm listening to the sweet sound of road noise and wind!
- Suspension, there is way to much body roll and rebound. Maybe I'm just noticing this coming from a Cobra?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Cluster lights: In the 95s, their DRL were such that it was parking lights on all the time, and the dash lights are known to go. But it's not hard to change them out, 123. 10 minutes tops, in and out.
Airbag light: check it out
If your CEL goes on, that's ok. It's normal for a VW.
Get coilovers.
Other than that, a nice trip to the mechanic is in order, and some fiddling around on your part. But isn't that half the fun?

Welcome to the 95 Jetta family. Not quite a Cobra, but good at what it was meant to be. Mine's never given me any problems, and their engines and transmissions are known to last longer than rocks. Take care of it, and it will take care of you. Check out the VWVortex if you need help with anything, or if you care enough to learn anything about these cars. Keep us updated, and good luck. :beer:

PS Wanna race? :p

Oh, and don't let these guys push you around because you have a Jetta. They're just jealous. ;-)

Last edited:

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Not sure, some POS to match my Jetta ;-) for now. I will deffinetly get a better bike once I get comfortable riding one. But actually getting one is on hold until July.

Users who are viewing this thread