SOLd THE 04 COBRA TODay.....29.5k

termntr

torchredtermntr
Established Member
People ,stop giving these cars away,it is killing the value all over the states...Well except for MS. My car brought 29.5k with minor boltons and 18k miles.....took 3weeks to sale it....local buyer and he was 19yrs old...:pepper:
Anyway all of these cars are usually mint condition and you have spent hours of labor on them and cleaning time,my point is they are no longer in production they should bring premium prices......good day and farewell..
I MOVED OVER TO THE DRKSIDE NOW....n/a....

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Congrats but its prolly cause he was 19. Your car was easily worht 25k but you know its all about condition. If yours was in excellent shape, than that makes it worth it.

01tahoe

Established Member
I know they are getting older and are going to depreciate but I agree with the op. I don't understand why people want to give them away.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
The lower you sell lthese cars, the more it de-values them and undermines us as sellers. These cars are seriously bad ass.

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
G2Mach1 said:
The lower you sell lthese cars, the more it de-values them and undermines us as sellers. These cars are seriously bad ass.

i agree with you! mine is for sale... 40k :shrug: someone help me keep our cars value! ;-)

ScottyBoy302

Canadian/Asshole
Established Member
The thing is that when they stay that high priced they get pretty far into vette territory. Example, 29.5k would get you a pretty decent Z06, its all dependent on whats on the market for a given price.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
My redfire 03 sold really fast for 25.5k and as the deal was being i was offered 26k but i felt obligated to the first offer. I think i should of asked for more but o well...I will be picking up my DSG vert next week.:pepper: :pepper:

termntr

torchredtermntr
Established Member
Not instead, ichose to sale the cobra cause i wanted a n/a street car full weight ,a/c ,power steering, full interior,and had a major fn war with my dealer over a warranty issue....anyway i am buying a 01 ss slowmaro ,blk on black,t tops,bmr torque arm,bmr kmember,3800yank,9inch ford,qtplongtubes,4inch y,4inch custom cutout,big injectors,nx wet kit,ls6 intake,ported throttle body,patriot heads,big cam,baeursbrakes,qa1 suspension,ultrastars with m/t frts hoosier drags on rear,also got the stock chrome zr1 wheels...this car is super clean and i wont have a ton of money tied up in it... best et / 11.30 on motor without big stall,new times will be posted when im finished...

Dont get me wrong guys,the terminator was my dream car ,a little small cause im a lardass but, when you got behind the wheel and all the honeys were looking and that supercharger was screeming it was fn awesome. But i wanted a daily driver and a car i could race on the weekends and this car was to perfect to tare up so then came the decision of selling and getn a pickup to tow with and a street car that i could play with.....

termntr

torchredtermntr
Established Member
ScottyBoy302 said:
The thing is that when they stay that high priced they get pretty far into vette territory. Example, 29.5k would get you a pretty decent Z06, its all dependent on whats on the market for a given price.

Personnaly i wouldnt have a vette before i owned a cobra....two tottaly different vehicles...plus bolton for bolton a zo6 and a ported term i would take the term... not bashing gm but cobras and vettes are different breeds of vehicles... 4seater, 2seater,???

SVT_4_me

Established Member
termntr said:
Not instead, ichose to sale the cobra cause i wanted a n/a street car full weight ,a/c ,power steering, full interior,and had a major fn war with my dealer over a warranty issue....anyway i am buying a 01 ss slowmaro ,blk on black,t tops,bmr torque arm,bmr kmember,3800yank,9inch ford,qtplongtubes,4inch y,4inch custom cutout,big injectors,nx wet kit,ls6 intake,ported throttle body,patriot heads,big cam,baeursbrakes,qa1 suspension,ultrastars with m/t frts hoosier drags on rear,also got the stock chrome zr1 wheels...this car is super clean and i wont have a ton of money tied up in it... best et / 11.30 on motor without big stall,new times will be posted when im finished...

i thought you wanted a n/a car... :shrug:

svt1.8t

JDM BUILT BADASS
Established Member
shake and bake baby, dont think its the wrong forum, he sold his car and got what he wanted, and everyone else on here is just giving their car away for what ever reason. i would sit on my price till it sold, these cars are rare they are going to make more gt500's than 03/04 cobra's not saying the 03/04 will be worth more, but stop giving them away. there is a dealer by me that has a 03 dsg with like 25k on it and they are asking around 29k

termntr

torchredtermntr
Established Member
svt1.8t said:
shake and bake baby, dont think its the wrong forum, he sold his car and got what he wanted, and everyone else on here is just giving their car away for what ever reason. i would sit on my price till it sold, these cars are rare they are going to make more gt500's than 03/04 cobra's not saying the 03/04 will be worth more, but stop giving them away. there is a dealer by me that has a 03 dsg with like 25k on it and they are asking around 29k

damn right......he is speeking the truth....

turbroe

04 Cobra - 500 RWHP
Established Member
I agree with some of you, the Term and Z06 are very different cars. I have owned both, an 03 Z06 50th Anniversary & 04 Term (500RWHP, current car). It comes down to what you are looking for. The Z06 is smooth, fast and very capable. I raced many-a Ferrari, Porsche, etc, in it and it will not disappoint. But, the bottom line is the Term is more fun. It has muscle car (read violent acceleration) vs. Vette's Lexus-like delivery. Again, it's what your after. The Term feels faster because of the violence, thus fun factor and at the end of the day, its the "feel" that's fun, not the speedometer read. Just my thoughts...

Last edited:

ScottyBoy302

Canadian/Asshole
Established Member
turbroe said:
I agree with some of you, the Term and Z06 are very different cars. I have owned both, an 03 Z06 50th Anniversary & 04 Term (500RWHP, current car). It comes down to what you are looking for. The Z06 is smooth, fast and very capable. I raced many-a Ferrari, Porsche, etc, in it and it will not disappoint. But, the bottom line is the Term is more fun. It has muscle car (read violent acceleration) vs. Vette's Lexus-like delivery. Again, it's what your after. The Term feels faster because of the violence, thus fun factor and at the end of the day, its the "feel" that's fun, not the speedometer read. Just my thoughts...

:-D Terminators are some of the few cars that make a vette feel smooth and refined.

I just had my first ride in a term last night and jesus christ, it was unreal. I was looking to buy one soon, now i absolutely need it. Theyre amazing cars.

Users who are viewing this thread