Sold my rims now the guy is mad..What should I do??

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Ok I sold my rims for $700 wtich I thought was a good deal becasuse one had curb rash. But I forgot to say that the center caps were not included. Just read the e-mail.

i WAS EXPECTING TO GET THE CENTER CAPS WITH THE WHEELS.

When you said they were not much money , I was not concerned.

Now i am, because the local Ford dealer sells a set of 4 for $71.00

So what can you do for me?

Here is what i see the options are:

1. Send me the center caps.

2.Credit my account or send me a check for $50.00.

Maybe you have a better idea?

I wrote......

Must people that sell their tries and rims don't include center caps. I forgot to mention that no center caps were included. You saw the pic and saw that they were not include. I'm sorry if I made any in convince. But you can find them cheaper then that. Check e-bay ect..... You can still mount them without center caps if you like. Also you got a really good deal on those rims. I also lost $20 in the transaction. You would never find those rims any were else for that cheap and their a hot item right now. Let me know and we can figure things out. Thanks Shawn

What should I do!!

Mach0ne351

Established Member
buyer on forums/ebay pay for items that are "AS IS". if the pic had no center caps, then he should of asked if they came with it. he didnt, his mess up. there is no receipt in buying used items from another person; your not a vendor. how did he pay for the rims?

-marek

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
What wheel and what center cap are they? If stock or AFS, there are a ton of people I'm sure that didn't use or don't want the AFS ones. Perhaps you should inquire about that. Although it wasn't listed as coming with center caps and you really have no responsibility to get him any, the reason you are asking this question on here is because of some feeling that it at least in some part is your fault that he is mad. Kind of a moral thing I guess. When I buy wheels, I expect center caps. BUT, ultimately he should have asked before he bought them. It's hard to say what you should do not knowing the full details, but if you lost money and he got a killer deal out of it, it's on him to figure it out. I'd put an ad in "The Market" for some center caps if it were me. Someone has some of the AFS center caps gathering dust I'm sure. You could try to help him, but I wouldn't pay out anything.

Good luck.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
There was a site that was selling the center caps for like $11 bucks each I believe....I will search and let you know.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by LCCOBRA
Most people that sell their tries and rims don't include center caps.

That might be true. However, your ad didn't specifically say "no center caps"...so it wouldn't be too unusual for someone to assume they were included. [ It would be easier to judge if I could see your original ad and pictures. ]

You could argue that the guy saw the pictures and should have noticed/assumed there were no center caps...but again, you didn't specifically say they weren't included. If I saw a picture of a wheel without center caps, I would definitely have asked the seller for a clarification.

It's obviously a misunderstanding...you should have mentioned it in your ad, and the other guy should have noticed the pictures and at least inquired about the center caps since they were missing from the photos.

How about this as a solution: Have him get a price quote for 4 center caps from fordpartsnetwork.com (or other source), and you credit him for half of the cost. Essentially you guys will be splitting the cost.

You might be out another $30, but that's a small price to pay for maintaining your good reputation as a seller. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. Hopefully it'll sound reasonable to him.

-Greg

Mach0ne351

Established Member
Originally posted by mtp166
buyer on forums/ebay pay for items that are "AS IS". if the pic had no center caps, then he should of asked if they came with it. he didnt, his mess up. there is no receipt in buying used items from another person; your not a vendor. how did he pay for the rims?

-marek

hit right on the money ;-)

-marek

XFIRECHIEF

Established Member
He should have ask if they were included. The right way to go is split the cost of the caps.
Only my 2 cents worth.
I sold mine and they weren't include till the guy complained. I gave him the caps and got ones with the Cobra Snake on them. Look much better anyways.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
DUDE! there are NO caps in the pic. hes SOL. dont bother dude. ebay policy is.......BUYER PAYS FOR ITEMS IN "AS IS" CONDITION. pics clearly shows no caps. he has no case. he could have asked.

-marek

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
I'd say sorry, sold as seen. What if you were selling a car shown sitting up on cinder blocks? Would they assume the wheels came with it?-- Something they should ask before bidding! He just spent 700 bucks on a whole set--what's another 50 or so?

Last edited:

Pyro

Established Member
Buyer Beware! You provided plenty of pics and many of them showed the wheels without caps. He got a hellava deal anyway even if he gets a set of caps for $70.

wuplash

Established Member
when i sold mine my pictures also showed no center caps but i did have listed they don't come with the caps as i needed them.he should of asked you about the center caps since the photo showed no caps on the wheels instead of assuming they were included,even though he bought them as is i would get 4 of the $12.99 caps and split the cost with him so your only out what $26 which is cheap insurance to keep him from possibly giving you negative feedback on ebay.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Most places that sell wheels do NOT include the center caps. One exception is the Tire Rack, which not only includes caps, but 20 extra lugs as well. Maybe that's why they're so succesful.

You pic shown NO caps, so it's kinda his fault IMO. He also shouldn't be ordering them from Ford, unless he wants to get dry anal raped with a sandpaper condom.
:nono:

Users who are viewing this thread