Sold my car

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I loved my Sonic Blue Coupe more than anything, but the problems with it were just getting out of hand. It had all the little problems inherent with the '03's, plus some, and being six hours from a dealership that can work on the car only made things worse. I finally came to grips with the fact that I need to let the car go. So, I started thinking of what a reasonable replacement would be...one that would be reliable and fun to drive. The one car that stuck out in my mind is the car that now resides in my garage - an Infiniti G35 Coupe. It's a lot different than the Cobra, and maybe not quite the adrenaline rush, but I am enjoying it.

American muscle will always be dear to me, but right now, I needed something different that I didn't have to keep putting money into. Enjoy your cars, and take it from me! Don't ever take for granted that feeling you get when you step on the loud pedal! I miss it already :shrug:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Very sad to see someone have to get rid of a car they love because of nagging problems:( . Even worse to see them go to the dark side (import) but hey if Ford doesnt get their sh!t together what else can you do:bash:

CobraTone

Established Member
Sorry to hear that bro. Maybe you will come back over to our side when the 05s come out, if they do it right that is. :nonono:

cobraman03

Established Member
32v

i'm in the same boat as you, i my car has tons of the small problems that are nagging. I didn't buy it just so i could take it back to the dealer every other week...i should of kept my GT, much better quality than my cobra and cheaper...i'm trading mine in next week, i'll take a hit on the equity, but i can live with it.
i'm looking at nissan frontier trucks and a boat to pull with it..

taker easy:burn:

pgordon

Established Member
2003 Metallic Silver SVT Cobra
MAC catback 3.5
k & n air filter (silencer pulled)
35 % window tint all around
367 RWHP
365 RWTQ (the factory slow poke)

Noticed these numbers seem 10-15 hp low. Just wondering if your car was dynoed with a lot of miles or was for some reason not in perfect tune?

cobraman03

Established Member
pgordon,

i'm not sure to tell the truth. i believe it could be the type of dyno used. it was the dyno dynamics type, and the dyno tuner said the a/f ratio was off the chart..also i believe the cats are clogged, but i just don't have time to keep taking the car to the dealer.. a major hassle and inconvience....

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I'd also like to know what you got for it. Did you sell it privately or trade it in?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by cobraman03
pgordon,

i'm not sure to tell the truth. i believe it could be the type of dyno used. it was the dyno dynamics type, and the dyno tuner said the a/f ratio was off the chart..also i believe the cats are clogged, but i just don't have time to keep taking the car to the dealer.. a major hassle and inconvience....
If you don't take it you could have some really severe problems, especially being a s/c vehicle with improper A/F your engine could go boom and that would majoraly suck.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by cobraman03
32v

i'm in the same boat as you, i my car has tons of the small problems that are nagging. I didn't buy it just so i could take it back to the dealer every other week...i should of kept my GT, much better quality than my cobra and cheaper...i'm trading mine in next week, i'll take a hit on the equity, but i can live with it.
i'm looking at nissan frontier trucks and a boat to pull with it..

taker easy:burn:

You sound like me cobraman. My 98GT was modded to hell, beat on daily, and never gave me a problem (that I didnt cause :D ). Cobra is at the dealer for their "last ditch" effort to try and fix all of my issues. Its been there for 2 weeks so far:cuss: Otherwise Im looking at a Z06, G35, maaaybe 04 Cobra, but not until I drive it a LOT now that I know what to look for in these things..

KDog

Established Member
Damn, you guys are bummin me out!!

I haven't even gotten to drive mine yet. It's supposed to arrive on island today. Hopefully I'll have it by Wednesday.

Sorry to hear about the trouble it gave you. :(

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Hey Kdog dont sweat it not all cobras are bad. had mine a year with no problems. Just luck of the draw I guess:shrug:

KDog

Established Member
Yeah, I guess you see that with every car manufacturer.

Thanks John...for everything. :beer: :beer:

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Traded it in. Let's just say it wasn't pretty, but the peace of mind I'll have with the new car will hopefully be worth it.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
Originally posted by 32ValveSymphony
Traded it in. Let's just say it wasn't pretty, but the peace of mind I'll have with the new car will hopefully be worth it.

Well I bet you took a beating on that trade in and then some. The G35 is nice. I have a friend that just bought one. GL to you! Browse alldata. There are triple the TSB's on the G35 then the 03 Cobra. Plus 2 recalls.

Users who are viewing this thread