sold my car now what to get? 01-02 ws6 or 03-04 cobra

svtdriver484

Established Member
i sold my car to my brother to help him out because i got a new job and plan on getting a new car. i am stuck between a 01-02 ws6 and 03-04 cobra. wanted to throw it out there and see what you guys thought.

JasonSnake

Established Member
There's a WS6 that parks in front of my apt building all the time. I love how they look from the outside. But I hate sitting inside an F-body.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Ls1 ftw!

Sent with My Massive Johnson

JasonSnake

Established Member
Even Riddla would have a hard time sitting in a F-body, you know... with his massive johnson in the way and all.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
There's a WS6 that parks in front of my apt building all the time. I love how they look from the outside. But I hate sitting inside an F-body.

Thats pretty much how I feel. Awesome cars and a great platform, but you either love or hate their driving position.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Depends on what you want.

I owned an 02 WS6 M6. Loved that car. But the Cobra's a better car all around.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I love the power, looks and capabilities of the LS1/WS6 platform, but as stated they absolutely suck to sit in. I have spent a lot of time behind of the wheel of several.

Cobra has great potential, looks just as sinister, and is much nicer to sit in and drive

Cobra!

cobracide

Established Member
I agree, sit in a ws6 and compare. When I was shopping I checked out the ws6 and a 2001 cobra. The cobra wins. The ws6 visibility was horrible as was the seating position.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Like stated above, the WS-6 has great potential and looks great IMO but the seating position is horrible.

I have a friend who's had these cars in this particular order; '98 Z28, '00 GT, '03 Mach1, '01 Z28 and currently an '02 Z06 to go along with the '01 Camaro. He said he likes the seating position better on the camaros then the mustang. I told him he was crazy, guess it just depends on the person.

svtdriver484

Established Member
the car i just sold was a 96 LT1 formula M6. i feel really comfortable in it and love the way its set up. i also feel comfortable in the mustangs too. thats why im so stuck on this lol

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Did you post this same question over at LS1tech? I'm sure you'll get biased answers here seeing as how this is an SVT forum. That being said, I vote Cobra.

-Eric

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
You're asking this question on a SVT site. What do you think the replies will be? LOL... Ok, now on to my opinion. COBRA all the way! I love the way WS6's & SS's look, but it took me about a year (literally) to get used to the interior. The big dash and small view was hard for me to get used to. The interior is about the same with a slight edge going to the Cobra because of the suede insert seats, but shifter position would definitely go to the F-body. I also like the hydraulic clutch in the F-body more because it's not nearly as stiff as the 03/04 Cobra's. The Cobra is more mod friendly which is a huge + for me. As for the looks... Cobra's look BAD ASS from all angles! Drop it, put some nice wheels, & fat tires on the rear and it's one of the meanest looking cars out there. COBRA all the way

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
03/04 cobra without a doubt.... if you can afford it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread