SOLD my 07 GT

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Well I officially became a member of the Dave Ramsey cult after I sold my 07 GT a couple of days ago. I've been trying to sell it for a few months now, finally got a buyer who wasn't a complete flake. He had cash in hand. I probably could've gotten a tad more for it had I held out but with everyone freakin out over gas prices I thought it was a good idea to unload it now because there was a good chance I'd still have it months from now. I don't regret it one bit, even though I loved the car. I'll be tinkering with my '86 T-top car while paying off the rest of my debt. Once that's done, I'll probably get back into a bit newer Stang with cash and start "living like no one else." I will never again go back to the land of car payments. It's nice to drive something that isn't attatched to feelings of guilt.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
thanks. no pics yet, i do need to get take some though. unfortunately the previous owner put some kind of aftermarket side skirts and what appears to be a cervinis stalker rear bumper on it. i'm currently trying to track down a 85/86 gt bumper and i'll have to have the drill holes filled left from the side skirts.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Don't knock it, it's an awesome cult. I'm proud of you :beer: It sucked at the beginning, but following those rules has got me where I am right now. Keep at it! You'll be way better off in the end. :)

I'm very proud of it, thanks for the encouragement. It's difficult keeping things on the down low, friends and family are starting to suspect something's up, especially after selling the car i practically just bought.

tistan

Established Member
I listen to Ramsey almost every day. I bought my truck right before I started listening or I wouldn't have bought it. Other than my house it is the only thing I owe on. Instead of selling it I'm just going to work on paying it off asap. Good luck on your journey.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
good for you!!!! we have all done dumb stuff with money dont be hard on yourself at all. just be clear you are on the right track! and it will make you rich!!! more than you ever dreamed of(i dont just mean financially)!

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Thanks for the encouragement guys. If 'car guys' can learn self control and short term sacrifice than anybody can.

99electricgreen

Established Member
dont worry one day you'll call him and scream I"M DEBT FREE and it will be well worth it. Live like no one so that one day you can live like no one!!!!!!! It works!!!!!!!

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
dont worry one day you'll call him and scream I"M DEBT FREE and it will be well worth it. Live like no one so that one day you can live like no one!!!!!!! It works!!!!!!!

Don't worry I will. All I have to do now is kick SallieMae out of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread