Solar, LNG, FERC, and choosing a new career.

Ablaze

Established Member
So I've worked most of my adult life as an entrepreneur producing streaming media content for small companies. Advertising or supplement content for their products. It pays very well but it is erratic and that has been stressing me out lately. May seem like the polar opposite but at the same time I took a few jobs doing construction, even just here a year back, to make a few extra grand. I have a great system down that allows me to complete a lot of work for clients in a very short period of time.

I enjoy the solace of working with my hands and not having to socialize (as much) as you do with so many other careers. I work great alone and unsupervised so amany companies I've worked for have found me valuable when they need someone to work on sensitive content from afar.

Now I think I want to move into something more hands on, full time. I have about 12 hours free a day and want to start making around $40-50k a year with benefits on a 'second' job. I'll admit I haven't looked hard as I'm not sure what I'm really looking for, and second, I'm a bit discouraged because the jobs I have seen want someone whos been trained as a journeyman by a contracting company or a recognized union. They want a few years training and I have nothing official.

I'm fine with backbreaking labor in ridiculous conditions, I have no kids and my free time is only spent with my significant other, I've no hobbies other than her. I would love to work for a plant or a factory doing something 'boring' like.. storing, or shipping, hauling.

Does anyone know of any factories, plants, currently hiring unions or companies that would take someone off the street, train them, throw them into the deep fryer and just see if they float?

Or, what should I search for in Google to find some forums that detail about the inside word on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission so I know where it is going with this Solar jobs and natural gas jobs? They seem to be the wave of the future and maybe they'll take a young reliable guy they can train. I've been paying attention to the ones I can find but they're dragging their ass on approvals and nothing new has been reported in a long while. I'm in Maryland but I would be willing to commute or even move honestly if it's on the east coast, too many traffic cameras here now amongst other things..

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I just toured the Lennox Industries factory in Marshalltown, Iowa, it's 1,000 miles from Baltimore. I'm sure they would entertain hiring you to work in their 1,000,000.00 sqft facility. They build residential and commercial heating and cooling systems. It's Iowa though.

Ablaze

Established Member
I just toured the Lennox Industries factory in Marshalltown, Iowa, it's 1,000 miles from Baltimore. I'm sure they would entertain hiring you to work in their 1,000,000.00 sqft facility. They build residential and commercial heating and cooling systems. It's Iowa though.

Hey thanks, they have a good list of job openings with basic training and the reviews from employees aren't too bad. I've just heard back from some other apps but I'm going to put in one with Lennox as well.

Users who are viewing this thread