SoCal Tune Day 8/16

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by rmoreau
:eek: Those numbers were without the 2.80????

OMFG :eek:

:lol:
:nonono: i wish it was :eek:

I used the 740 for the 2.80 & the 2 idlers which is still good. The 760 would of been way to big. Think i need 3 idlers & a Lower pulley to make that belt work.

3.00 should gain u about 20rwhp & about 30 - 35rwtq.

Red BOLT99

Established Member
Just wanted to say whats up fellas.
It was nice meeting you guys on sat, sorry I didn't say bye to everyone when I left my brain was fry'd from the damn heat.
But it was cool watching you guys flex your Cobras on the dyno maybe I can join you guys on your next track day! PEASE

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Red BOLT99
Just wanted to say whats up fellas.
It was nice meeting you guys on sat, sorry I didn't say bye to everyone when I left my brain was fry'd from the damn heat.
But it was cool watching you guys flex your Cobras on the dyno maybe I can join you guys on your next track day! PEASE

Hey Frank.

Lets just say ur truck could take any of our 03Cobra's out on the track :eek: But def. going to Carlsbad soon.....stay tuned.

So we will just kick back with ya :D / not race ya :p

:beer: :beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Red BOLT99

it was cool meeting you. very nice lightning!!! keep your eyes glued here - i'm sure something will come up fairly soon. :beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Juan...Allan found out yesturday that the Bongs are different.
The regular Wide Band A/F is much bigger in size.

I hope ur Uncle never put it in?
Interesting. Bung screwed right into mine.:shrug:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Juan...Allan found out yesturday that the Bongs are different.
The regular Wide Band A/F is much bigger in size. I hope ur Uncle never put it in?

oh yeah, good point. a regular o2 sensor is like 1/4" or so (which fit just fine) - the wideband sensor was maybe 3/8" or 5/16". so just make sure that you can see clear thru the bung. i'll have to take it back and see if they can widen the hole sometime. :bash:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Interesting. Bung screwed right into mine.:shrug:

yeah i dunno what the deal was. maybe it was just the particular sensor that danny had. it particularly sucked as i was trying to get an a/f chart for rick to look at. :(

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
it didn't look that much bigger - maybe a 16th or 2 bigger. the bung was the right size, the welder just didn't cut the hole large enough. since i had the stock h on there w/ the first cat up high and the stock front driverside o2 sensor position, he had to do a little contorting to get in there and cut it w/o taking the hpipe off. oh well...

edit: to clarify, the inner diameter of the bung was correct. the hole in the hpipe wasn't large enough for the barrel of the wideband to fit.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
yeah i dunno what the deal was. maybe it was just the particular sensor that danny had. it particularly sucked as i was trying to get an a/f chart for rick to look at. :(
They actually unscrewed my O2 sensor and screwed their A/F bung into it's fitting because the guy was too lazy to get up to the fitting I had installed in my x-pipe. The extra fitting I had installed was the same as an O2 sensor fitting.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Yeah thats what Allan's other Dyno Shop did....

Thats what Allan & me wished the stupid industry would just be all generalized so non of this would happen.

Dang, Allan i didnt even think of that ( A/F for Rick ) :nonono:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
They actually unscrewed my O2 sensor and screwed their A/F bung into it's fitting because the guy was too lazy to get up to the fitting I had installed in my x-pipe. The extra fitting I had installed was the same as an O2 sensor fitting.

in that case, i wonder why they didn't do that instead and why was having the extra bung welded on required? i basically threw away 40 bucks and wasted time for that. oh well... lesson learned - if i go back to swanson's i'll have the hole enlarged, if i go someplace else and have the same issue, i'll have them pull the front driverside o2 sensor out.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
in that case, i wonder why they didn't do that instead and why was having the extra bung welded on required? i basically threw away 40 bucks and wasted time for that. oh well... lesson learned - if i go back to swanson's i'll have the hole enlarged, if i go someplace else and have the same issue, i'll have them pull the front driverside o2 sensor out.
I was told the further down the exhaust path you get the less accurate the reading is especially after it goes through the front and rear cats.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
I was told the further down the exhaust path you get the less accurate the reading is especially after it goes through the front and rear cats.

that's what i heard too so i had the muffler guy try to get it in front of the "front most" driverside cat. too bad 03dohc wasn't there, he would've remembered the stock o2 sensor bung. ;-) speaking of thinking clearly, i forgot to ask danny if i could get the a/f portion of the dyno fee refunded since i obviously didn't get that done - my bad.

jonas

Established Member
Dave, Keep me in the loop on carlsbad and with the nxt trip to swanson, he wants to check mny a/f again after the eec adjusts to the proggie. watching him go from 430 to 450 with just tuning was awsome and the car drives like its bone stock, very tame at part throttle!!

Juan, what size belt u runnin?

Fush/Alan, gimmie a pm on that 4000 series switch incl a sho ver and exact part numbers

Take it easy gang

Users who are viewing this thread