SoCal Tune Day 8/16

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
L.B. / Cam u didnt tell me u had 2 Mach1's :beer:
what mag is the article going to be in? Is it out yet?
You didn't ask...:D and actually only the white one is mine...but it is pretty sweet when you are gettin' ready to roll out to lunch and ask, "Which Mach should we drive?...The white one or the blue one?" :coolman:

It's supposed to be in Mustang Monthly...he wants to do the interview and pics later in the year...

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
"Which Mach should we drive?...The white one or the blue one?"
Heh
icon_smile.gif

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Heh
icon_smile.gif
We should gather a list of SoCal Terminators...
And compare numbers from tuner to tuner...

jonas

Established Member
how big of a diff you think there will be?
if its 2 or 3 hp it aint even worth it

maybe Ill be a guenea pig and dyno tune at both and see who's tune makes the numbers

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
RWHP/RWTQ differences? Too many variables, George...Too many variables...
Hmm...Both tuners will be in a competition to pull their best numbers from your ride...
Sounds like a plan to get the best possible tune from two of the best tuners on the West Coast...
Yes...George the Pig...er...I mean, George the guinea pig sounds like a plan ;-) ...

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
We should gather a list of SoCal Terminators...
And compare numbers from tuner to tuner...

i'll be going to socaldiablo in the next few weeks and would be glad to toss in some numbers when he's done. w/ the factory tune being bill gates rich ( > 10:1 from 3800 to redline) i'm hoping to have a little more to work with. :)

thanks for the help adam! fight on!!! :thumbsup:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
where you guys doing this at, maybe I missed it, but where at and how much to dyno, I need a dyno tune, but I dont have the money for it yet

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by 98cobrancali
where you guys doing this at, maybe I missed it, but where at and how much to dyno, I need a dyno tune, but I dont have the money for it yet

www.swansonperformance.com. $75 for 3 pulls w/ a/f. if you don't already have a bung welded on you may want to do that as i'm not sure if he does the "tailpipe sniffer" method as well. if you just need numbers w/o a/f, brothers performance will do 3 pulls for $45. but of course you're always welcome to hang out w/ us. :)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods ]98Cobrancali
Ur more then welcome to join bro :thumbsup:
Its not just an 03Cobra thing on the REGIONAL FORUM :D :beer:

damn poisonous is fast!!! do you EVER leave the forums? ;-)

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
depends what time for me, if afternoon I could make it, but no tune, just dyno, i have an off road pipe on so would they still need the bung? if they dont do the sniffer, would they still do a dyno?

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
Hey Bud....oh by the way nice link & nice ride :beer:

U dont ever have to have A/F Readings if u dont want. U can just do the runs to see what numbers ur getting.

Well if u can make it from were u are in the mid afternoon that would be cool. Some of us who get the Re-burn might take up some time since it can be from 40mins - 1 1/2 hours to get the right tune.

Feel free to swing by :thumbsup:

PS. id get an A/F reading if i was u. Only 25bucks to get a bung in place from a Muffler Shop. Might want to call Danny to see what location is good for it. I found mine being 20inches from the last exhaust port & i dont have any cats so not sure for the folks with the cats.

thanks for the complements on the car, I am working slowly on it, but I just wanted to get a dyno to see what its at, its running lean right now I know, I cant figure out why, then get a dyno tune when I get some other things done

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Where is this Philly cheesesteak place you guys are talking about?

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
N/A car's naturally make the power being a bit on the lean side.

I only see that u have the Flowmasters on for mods?

Did u get a CAI yet?

no i just modified my stock box, I dont see that my car would benifit from a cai, it has a k&n, but my car will run pretty good, except at low rpm it usually hesitates and studders sometimes, but I put on the bbk offroad h, underdrive pullies, and 4:10's, I dont have much money since I left Japan so its going slow, theres all kinds of things i still want to get, but I would like to see what it will put down pretty much stock, since I have never had it dynoed cause it feels strong when it runs good, or course I have been getting used to driving the big bad 2.3 in the lx so who knows

Users who are viewing this thread