Socal Dyno Day!

98 ls1

Established Member
What's up guys as you can tell by my name I was the only ls1 there. But anyhow I'll start the post of times. 333hp and 348tq.

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
I didn't dyno but showed up later in the day to watch.

The cars I did see were all very nice (except Jerome's :p ).

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
wickedstangs said:
04 Screaming Yellow Coupe
447hp 447tq

DYNO PHOTOS

Those are very close to my #'s (from my RET dyno tune, I didn't dyno today), mine were 447 rwhp, 438 rwtq.

What are your mods? I have a 2.90 pulley, JLT CAI, 4.10s, and Bassani catted-x/catback.

wickedstangs

Established Member
Dyno

CobraGirlSVT said:
Those are very close to my #'s (from my RET dyno tune, I didn't dyno today), mine were 447 rwhp, 438 rwtq.

What are your mods? I have a 2.90 pulley, JLT CAI, 4.10s, and Bassani catted-x/catback.

I just dynoed my car on March 13, 2006 at Superior Automotive and got 452.73rwhp 455.78 rwtq with SFPHQ Dial_Ur_Boost Gen2 Non-Slip Interchangeable 2.8 Pulley, Good Year Gatorback Belt 4080745, NGK TR6 Spark Plugs Gapped .30, Bassani X-Pipe, Magana Flow Cat-back, Billetflow Idler 100mm, MGW shifter, AFM Air Cleaner Kit.
Tuned By Shawn Ellis SocalTuning.com

Today I got 447.66 rwhp and 447.13 rwtq at RET about 5hp and 8rwtq different

Last edited:

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I put down 456/462 and 470/475 with Ice in my PFab Tank plus it was great meeting everyone, and glad you guys liked my custom brake dusted wheels :thumbsup:

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
wickedstangs said:
I just dynoed my car on March 13, 2006 at Superior Automotive and got 452.73rwhp 455.78 rwtq with SFPHQ Dial_Ur_Boost Gen2 Non-Slip Interchangeable 2.8 Pulley, Good Year Gatorback Belt 4080745, NGK TR6 Spark Plugs Gapped .30, Bassani X-Pipe, Magana Flow Cat-back, Billetflow Idler 100mm, MGW shifter, AFM Air Cleaner Kit.
Tuned By Shawn Ellis SocalTuning.com

Today I got 447.66 rwhp and 447.13 rwtq at RET about 5hp and 8rwtq different

Those are sweet #'s! Have you talked to Shawn Ellis lately? I was on a Mustang cruise with a guy yesterday who has a mineral gray '05 Mustang GT and is having some problems with his tune, the car is throwing a code. He says he has left several messages, emails, etc., but can't get ahold of Shawn (he says he's been trying "for weeks") to have him check out the tune. He loaded the stock tune back into the car but that would suck to pay $300+ for a custom tune and then have to load the stock tune back in. He said he didn't really know which tuner to go with but knows Superior has a good rep so decided to use their tuner.

I told him to ditch the Predator and go with SCT and have RET tune it but I think he just wants his money's worth. :shrug:

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
JeromeMach1 said:
Thanks Linda :shrug: . I didn't think my numbers (331/325) were too bad considering the motor is bad.

Jerome

Haha, I was just kidding. I think the smoke inhalation had gotten to me when I was posting last night. ;-)

1998GT

Established Member
Girth said:
I put down 456/462 and 470/475 with Ice in my PFab Tank plus it was great meeting everyone, and glad you guys liked my custom brake dusted wheels :thumbsup:

custom wheels are cool, my numbers are 212/288 man i got some work to do does anyone have an idea on what my 1/4 mile times would be, i know 99+ gts are low 14s to high 13s and they are 200lbs heavier then my car. didnt mean to steal the thread sorry. :thumbsup:

- Aj -

Established Member
Thanks to all that showed up! Great turnout! Nice to meet all of you. Big thanks to Greg at RET for hosting this. Alot of people learned lots of things about how their cars are running. Hope you can all use this as a tool for the future.

Here's my dyno,

wMTIxMzE4MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wickedstangs

Established Member
Shawn

CobraGirlSVT said:
Those are sweet #'s! Have you talked to Shawn Ellis lately? I was on a Mustang cruise with a guy yesterday who has a mineral gray '05 Mustang GT and is having some problems with his tune, the car is throwing a code. He says he has left several messages, emails, etc., but can't get ahold of Shawn (he says he's been trying "for weeks") to have him check out the tune. He loaded the stock tune back into the car but that would suck to pay $300+ for a custom tune and then have to load the stock tune back in. He said he didn't really know which tuner to go with but knows Superior has a good rep so decided to use their tuner.

I told him to ditch the Predator and go with SCT and have RET tune it but I think he just wants his money's worth. :shrug:

I am not sure what the problem is with getting a hold of shawn but, I have not had one problem with contacting him. His phone is listed on www.socaltuning.com that is the number I always call and he answers. His job is at superior automotive you can find him there M-F 8-5. Like I said I have not had a problem. He tuned both my cars and some of the members in the club.

Emilio

DonMTV

Established Member
A big thanks goes out to Greg for helping all of us out and to Adam for setting up this great gathering. It was greating meeting all of you. Everyone was cool and encouraging while people's cars were on the dyno. I look forward to seeing all of you again. It was nice to put my stock 2003 Cobra up on the dyno to see what it would do.

Thanks again,
Don
Here is my dyno chart:

Don DeMoss Stock Dyno Pulls 3-25-06.gif

Users who are viewing this thread