Socal diablo got me booted out of California Speedway!

46stang

Established Member
Well i got my car tuned by shawn last week(socal diablo,471rwhp 472rwtq) and went to california speedway tonight! the weather was pretty cool but cars were breaking and oiling down the track right and left! I got my 1st pass at almost 7:00pm (racing started at 4:00). i line up and get my et drags hot! I launch the car and it comes out of the hole hard, no bog and only a little tire spin! And I run a 11.86 @118mph, granny shifting it no less! It took sooooo long to get my first run i just wanted to lay down a nice conservative pass catching all the gears and then i pick up my time slip and they tell me to go home :bash: (No cage) I was really excited to get booted as it was my first time ever but man i know i could have run an 11.50 ish with some better shifting! but oh well!! heres the break down:
1.098 rt
1.78 60ft
7.67 1/8 @92.77mph
11.86 1/4 @ 118.01 mph

Leon
P.S. I'm probably going to have to go to c/bad in the month or so as they are less strict on the 11.99 thing. oh yea mods,
2.80 pulley
open K&N
Accufab T/B
Bassani X catted
Borla catback
Diablo chip tuned by Shawn!

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Nice Run.
I saw you race the Black '03.
I think I will have to take my car to Shawn also.
I have heard nothing but good things about him.
:)

One Fast Cobra

Established Member
Congrats on the great numbers Leon. No more granny shifting, next time :lol: Good going dude... :beer::beer::beer:

46stang

Established Member
Thanks guys! Yea i run ET drags on the IRS(all stock). I launched at 5500rpm with just a little clutch slip to try and keep from shocking the drivetrain! Our so cal tracks don't believe in track prep so they are pretty much a must to get a descent 60ft. I'm going to get some DSS axles when they become available.
I really didn't think i was going to get an 11.xx on the first pass and it was the 1st pass, so i wanted to get a feel for the track especially since people were oiling it down frequently! next time i go i will definately powershift it and see what i can get! thanks again everyone!

Leon

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
are they 15" et drags? if so, what wheel combo are you using to clear the rear? i couldn't find anything on m/t's website re: that tire in 16". thanks!

46stang

Established Member
Yes they are a 15 inch by 8 inch steel black rim from summit racing(like $40). I had to grind down the lower control arm the aluminum part to get them to clear. I'm saving up for some Bogarts, so i will probably get some 16inch et streets so i can drive to the track. switching tires at the track sucks a little. the et streets hook just as good as the et drags imho. at least at our tracks they seem too! Maybe at a properly prepped track the et drags would do better? hope that helps?
Leon

BLackBoLT01

Established Member
Amazing times man. Granny shifting non the less. I'm running up to LACR Friday, feel free to join. Not the best track in the world, but it'll do for my baseline numbers.

-Marcus

Bosko

Established Member
I hate you Leon! :) j/k

Im glad one of us accomplished our goals that day and broke into the 11s.

Next time im gonna launch at 5000rpm+, So I dont bog and miss my chance for the 11s AGAIN. I didnt think these 17" et streets would bog at 4,000rpm. These tires actually hook pretty good. I think Ill get 11s on my second try with these slicks.

Last edited:

CS 1

Originally posted by 46stang
Thanks guys! Yea i run ET drags on the IRS(all stock). I launched at 5500rpm with just a little clutch slip to try and keep from shocking the drivetrain! Our so cal tracks don't believe in track prep so they are pretty much a must to get a descent 60ft. I'm going to get some DSS axles when they become available.
I really didn't think i was going to get an 11.xx on the first pass and it was the 1st pass, so i wanted to get a feel for the track especially since people were oiling it down frequently! next time i go i will definately powershift it and see what i can get! thanks again everyone!

Leon

WOW--5500 rpms on ET drags --man I launch at 2500 rpms on Nitto DR's and I still cringe but I have been getting 1.75's so I guess it's working. Being that I have seen two cars snap half shafts on the stock IRS I am very cautious. I want to launch it hard but man I keep thinking "how much better can I go if I'm getting 1.74's and 1.75's now?" Nice run man. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread