So you think your winters bad?

5280stang

Established Member
Lol, I was at drum for almost three years, l lived off post on Lake Ontario. Love the memories of seeing the lake when it froze over.....and that was pretty much about it. I would have volunteered to go back to Iraq if i wasn't a newlywed at the time. Never been so cold and need to shovel so much snow in my life. I shoveled more snow in one month in Watertown than I did in 18 years in Colorado.

frigid temperatures + being attached to the worst unit on planet Earth made life hell. My wife family came up from Florida and Puerto Rico to visit us, those poor tropical people about died when the ambient air temperature was minus 25.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
As a person who has lived in Texas his whole life I would absolutely lose my mind seeing that much snow. Oh and the last pic is :rockon:

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Lol, I was at drum for almost three years, l lived off post on Lake Ontario. Love the memories of seeing the lake when it froze over.....and that was pretty much about it. I would have volunteered to go back to Iraq if i wasn't a newlywed at the time. Never been so cold and need to shovel so much snow in my life. I shoveled more snow in one month in Watertown than I did in 18 years in Colorado.

frigid temperatures + being attached to the worst unit on planet Earth made life hell. My wife family came up from Florida and Puerto Rico to visit us, those poor tropical people about died when the ambient air temperature was minus 25.

HA HA HA I about spit out my beer on your last sentence. Cheers bud

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

**** humidity! 15 above in Illinois felt like 50 below in Montana. The one winter I spent in the Midwest was the most miserable winter of my life. Cold sucks when there is no mountains and snow to play on..

Ice storms? Wtf is THAT?

O3dsg

Established Member
Lol snow! What is this powder you speak of my friend? If you mention that here we just call it stripper currency ;-)! That last picture is awesome!

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Great picture at the end. Beautiful shot!

As for the snow...I was born and raised in the Northeast..just not my thing anymore so I headed south.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
**** humidity! 15 above in Illinois felt like 50 below in Montana. The one winter I spent in the Midwest was the most miserable winter of my life. Cold sucks when there is no mountains and snow to play on..

Ice storms? Wtf is THAT?

Welcome to my life every winter, haha. I really don't mind the snow but the ice storms we get EVERY ****ING YEAR really annoy the shit out of me. Right now our driveway is literally a sheet of pure ice from 1 stupid storm we got the day before 3ft of snow hit. Which isn't a lot, but when there is a good 2 inches of ice underneath it can get pretty tricky.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
I'll be glad when July rolls around so we can golf for a few months. Im for hire by the way 10 years as a Marine Air Traffic Controller 3 years as a DOD Air Traffic Controller and I take some pretty cool pictures. Im willing to move anywhere besides the midwest lol. I grew up in Illinois and that area will drain the life right out of you.

ExTurbo

Established Member
My uncles built a cabin for their snowmobiles in Tug Hill, which isnt far from watertown. I can remember 8 foot of snow falling over a couple of days...its no joke up there with the lake effect snow

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
My uncles built a cabin for their snowmobiles in Tug Hill, which isnt far from watertown. I can remember 8 foot of snow falling over a couple of days...its no joke up there with the lake effect snow
Yeah Tug hill is like the mecca of Snow storms.

Users who are viewing this thread