So you married guys....

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
You rarely hear other than money “ I gave up all this because I became single “

If the wife and I are over tomorrow, there's about 900 million things I'd be giving up. But that's bc she's my best friend, tag team partner, and wife/lover.

If you walk away from a marriage and say exactly as you said.. "I didn't have to give up much to become single", then you married the wrong woman.

Zemedici

Established Member
If the wife and I are over tomorrow, there's about 900 million things I'd be giving up. But that's bc she's my best friend, tag team partner, and wife/lover.

If you walk away from a marriage and say exactly as you said.. "I didn't have to give up much to become single", then you married the wrong woman.

This.

If I lost Tanya, i'd lose half of me, at this point.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Pros vs cons..

OTHER THAN the financial aspect.. what makes marriage better than being single?

Like I always hear “ I had to give up all this because I’m no longer single “

You rarely hear other than money “ I gave up all this because I became single “

The only thing I gave up was loneliness. Seriously.
I still have my three cars. She still parks her car outside. I still buy my toys.

Money was a non-issue. My wife works, but I make more than 4X what she makes.

I have said this a lot, because it can not be overstated, you have to take the time and make the effort to find the right person.

MG0h3

Established Member
I still have my three cars. She still parks her car outside. I still buy my toys.

I have said this a lot, because it can not be overstated, you have to take the time and make the effort to find the right person.

You make a lot less than her now! LMAO

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
You make a lot less than her now! LMAO

:) That's true.

I can't wait until my paycheck is back from furlough.

I wish I was able to stay home on furlough. I'd have a lot of time to enjoy the toys.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

I’d get married for a sugar mama too..

4x my pay plus my pay... super cars would happen immediately

FJohnny

Established Member
Newer statistics suggest that women cheat on their husbands at at least an equal rate to men...and perhaps even higher. Modern women are broken...and feminism is to blame.

Just doing the math on 'more women cheat than men'.....

Does that mean that a bunch of the women are hopping the fence and going the gay route?

MG0h3

Established Member
Just doing the math on 'more women cheat than men'.....

Does that mean that a bunch of the women are hopping the fence and going the gay route?
No. This has started to come to light over the years as women respond to polls and such. They are better liars/more deceptive so it's not been noticed as much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FJohnny

Established Member
I guess what I meant was that if they were cheating, unless they went gay they would need a dude to cheat with. So, numbers would be expected to be around the same for each group.

I guarantee that if I was a girl I'd be picking another girl to cheat with. The idea of having at it with a dude kinda makes me retch. The girl on girl stuff always seemed to be just a really good idea.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I guess what I meant was that if they were cheating, unless they went gay they would need a dude to cheat with. So, numbers would be expected to be around the same for each group.

I guarantee that if I was a girl I'd be picking another girl to cheat with. The idea of having at it with a dude kinda makes me retch. The girl on girl stuff always seemed to be just a really good idea.

With the right wife you can see the girl on girl stuff if that's what interests you.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Call me crazy, but when I was in my early 30's and still single I started thinking about what it would be like to grow old alone. That was 30 years ago.

Last month, my longest running friendship with someone I was still in touch with since 1972 ended when he died alone in his house three hours away from me. Never married, no kids.

Then I saw this just this morning. Made me sad for this stranger.
Funeral for Vietnam War vet, 77, who died alone, draws hundreds of mourners

Even the Big Guy says we shouldn't be alone.
Genesis 2:18

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Without reading all 8 pages (so excuse me if it's in there already), just like to point out the "50%+ of marriages end up in divorce" thing is a pretty disingenuous stat. Those that get divorced have drastically higher divorce rates on subsequent marriages and drive up that number a lot.

If you get married, chances are you're staying married.
If you get married and get divorced, chances are high you'll get divorced again in a second marriage.
If you get married and divorced twice, it's nearing certainty you will get divorced on a 3rd marriage attempt.

I know plenty of people that have been married and stayed married. I also know people that are in their mid-30s that are somehow on a 3rd marriage, which seems like an insane amount of work.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Call me crazy, but when I was in my early 30's and still single I started thinking about what it would be like to grow old alone. That was 30 years ago.

Last month, my longest running friendship with someone I was still in touch with since 1972 ended when he died alone in his house three hours away from me. Never married, no kids.

Then I saw this just this morning. Made me sad for this stranger.
Funeral for Vietnam War vet, 77, who died alone, draws hundreds of mourners

Even the Big Guy says we shouldn't be alone.
Genesis 2:18
I feel like people dont think about this enough. One reason i want to be married or have a women for life is so we can support each other in old age. If you're single and grow old alone then you have no one to take care of you. What happens if you fall down and cant get up? My grandmother passed away 2 months ago at 94 years old and if it wasn't for her 5 children it would have been very ugly. she couldnt see and couldnt feed herself.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
d13b925831f35fae8b4d7163516394bc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread