So whose all tuned?

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I have a 2012 5.0 6spd with about 16k on the clock. Its my DD and I had it tuned ever since I hit 1k. Ive also had tunes from 5 different tuners and never had an issue with any of them. They all perform relatively the same (track times) with the exception of throttle response and maybe 1mpg here or there. I wouldn't worry about hurting your car with a tune. I plan on getting an AED tune soon because I here so many good things but as for right now my favorite tuner overall is bama. (mpg, power, smoothness, and customer service)

FYI: Ive had brenspeed, bama, torq, bbr, and jms chips

thanks for the info!

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I got the Bama free tunes for life at a little over 1k miles on my 2012 back march until about 8k miles. Was getting maybe 17mpg in city and 22mpg highway. Then got AED tuned for about the last 1500 miles and have been getting 19mpg city and 24-25mpg highway.

-Thomas

I'm averaging about 22-23 mpg with this auto, 60% city and 40% highway. On the highway, it will climb to 29+ now @ 65 mph.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Lund Aggressive 93 tune, considering going to an AED cammed tune though.

Daily Driver, 35 miles per day, mixed driving, 3.31 gears, Manual

I average 17 mpg, shifting at 2500-3k. Drop of about 4 from stock tune. Most likely a combo of the aggressive tune and me enjoying the gas pedal more now. I haven't done any long highway trips so don't know the upper limit of mpg.

Tuned for 6000 miles, no issues.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Tuned by AED. Daily driver, runs 11's and has over 20,000 miles on the tune. Made the car 100% better and more fun.

Mike

DIB5.0

Established Member
I have a 2012 5.0 6spd with about 16k on the clock. Its my DD and I had it tuned ever since I hit 1k. Ive also had tunes from 5 different tuners and never had an issue with any of them. They all perform relatively the same (track times) with the exception of throttle response and maybe 1mpg here or there. I wouldn't worry about hurting your car with a tune. I plan on getting an AED tune soon because I here so many good things but as for right now my favorite tuner overall is bama. (mpg, power, smoothness, and customer service)

FYI: Ive had brenspeed, bama, torq, bbr, and jms chips

Bama get a bad rap but seen a guy run 11.71 @ 119 with just these mods.

engine.
Airaid CAI
Steeda billet waterpump pulley
Boss coil covers
brake booster asperator delete

exhaust.
Lethal Performance o/r/h
stock overaxle pipes
Pypes Bomb axle back

trans.
stock
Shaftmasters 1 piece driveshaft
Stifflers driveshaft loop

rear.
FRPP 4.10's

susp.
front.
stock
swaybar delete
UPR rad support

rear.
BMR poly/poly lca's
BMR lca relocation brackets

wheels/tires.
front.
17x8 black bullit's
235/55 cooper as3-s
rear.
17x10 black bullits
295/45 M/T ET Street II

tuned by BAMA

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
My 2013 MT 82, FRPP PROCAL:D Ton better than stock, especially the throttle response but overall, I can take my car in for warranty work and tell the dealer to fix my shyt with my head high lol. I'm sure aftermarket tune put out much more power but nothing beats better tune with warranty. Plus this is my daily driver and probably only see the track a few times during fall. I plan to wait out a year than get a beater for DD and throw in paxton or vortech.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
My 2013 MT 82, FRPP PROCAL:D Ton better than stock, especially the throttle response but overall, I can take my car in for warranty work and tell the dealer to fix my shyt with my head high lol. I'm sure aftermarket tune put out much more power but nothing beats better tune with warranty. Plus this is my daily driver and probably only see the track a few times during fall. I plan to wait out a year than get a beater for DD and throw in paxton or vortech.

If you wouldnt mind posting a new thread with some pics of your car that would be cool.

KidMoney

Established Member
I am pretty sure I am getting the Procal as well, for the same reason. But I have a few questions. Do you know how much it actually picked the car up? Track or dyno numbers? And I also have the 100,000 mile warranty, but the FRPP site says it covers the car for 36,000. Do you know if it will coverthe entire factory warranty? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I am pretty sure I am getting the Procal as well, for the same reason. But I have a few questions. Do you know how much it actually picked the car up? Track or dyno numbers? And I also have the 100,000 mile warranty, but the FRPP site says it covers the car for 36,000. Do you know if it will coverthe entire factory warranty? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

No, the procal will not cover your extended warranty. However, I did get in a day early to the dealer to see if the intune can be traced, (with some help of a good friend of mine that owns a shop, he has a employee thats brother is a ford tech)I don't have time to post my experience today but I will tomorrow. Let's just say, the intune is untraceable. :rockon:

KidMoney

Established Member
No, the procal will not cover your extended warranty. However, I did get in a day early to the dealer to see if the intune can be traced, (with some help of a good friend of mine that owns a shop, he has a employee thats brother is a ford tech)I don't have time to post my experience today but I will tomorrow. Let's just say, the intune is untraceable. :rockon:
Very interested in this. :dw:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

I'm sure the intune can be seen at a level that is beyond that of a regular IDS. Even Shaun stated that the SCT didn't reset key counts and couldn't be seen by IDS. If you can get your buddy to get Ford to remote in to the PCM. That will put all this to bed. I think the intune being "untraceable" is just a marketing ploy.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

More comfort for me getting tuned lol

Yellow4.6

Established Member
12' GT 3:31 gear M6 93 Tune By PPC in Columbus Ohio. I've put 4K miles on car since tune, completely different car! Only other mods are Roush AB, Roush Springs and BMR PHB. Mostly city drive with occasionial HWY avg MPG is 22.2 right now. Dyno'ed @ 396.4 rwhp and 358 TQ on a humid 97* day.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I'm sure the intune can be seen at a level that is beyond that of a regular IDS. Even Shaun stated that the SCT didn't reset key counts and couldn't be seen by IDS. If you can get your buddy to get Ford to remote in to the PCM. That will put all this to bed. I think the intune being "untraceable" is just a marketing ploy.

perhaps. but there was nothing found at all, including reseting of the key counts. the tech was real nice, he had a 11 5.0 that was tuned and he said with his SCT it will reset key counts. However, theres no way we can get ford to remote into the PCM, that was one of the questions I asked (you have to have reason, and this guy did this stuff on the side after hours for me). Bottom line is, I set the car back to stock, drove it for 100 miles and took it in. Car came back clean, and I asked the tech about difference scenarios that could be foreseen with this...I.E if I were to bring the car in this condition for transmission work they would of checked for "abuse" and "craftmenship of current mods if any", if they didn't find anything they would hook it up to THEIR computer and if it passed all codes like mine did, they would of followed regular warranty procedures. However, if the car came in with rubber caked in the fender wells, and theres signs of abuse they would of done the same but since they had "reason" the car was abused they will remote to Ford and/or send off the CPU for further investigation.

More to follow later.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
perhaps. but there was nothing found at all, including reseting of the key counts. the tech was real nice, he had a 11 5.0 that was tuned and he said with his SCT it will reset key counts. However, theres no way we can get ford to remote into the PCM, that was one of the questions I asked (you have to have reason, and this guy did this stuff on the side after hours for me). Bottom line is, I set the car back to stock, drove it for 100 miles and took it in. Car came back clean, and I asked the tech about difference scenarios that could be foreseen with this...I.E if I were to bring the car in this condition for transmission work they would of checked for "abuse" and "craftmenship of current mods if any", if they didn't find anything they would hook it up to THEIR computer and if it passed all codes like mine did, they would of followed regular warranty procedures. However, if the car came in with rubber caked in the fender wells, and theres signs of abuse they would of done the same but since they had "reason" the car was abused they will remote to Ford and/or send off the CPU for further investigation.

More to follow later.

What would be a better test is to have him look at it tuned then return to stock and look again. If you have a water pump failure and you return to stock your not gonna be able to drive it 100 miles. Also a idle relearn could reset the key counts so I'm not sure that's really a valid piece of info to look at. If you read the TSB that ford put out on tuning its pretty specific and states nothing about the craftsmanship of the mods.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
What would be a better test is to have him look at it tuned then return to stock and look again. If you have a water pump failure and you return to stock your not gonna be able to drive it 100 miles. Also a idle relearn could reset the key counts so I'm not sure that's really a valid piece of info to look at. If you read the TSB that ford put out on tuning its pretty specific and states nothing about the craftsmanship of the mods.

acutally learned its not 100 miles to reset anything either. its 30. still, it would just throw a p1000 code from what i'm told, which you get that code if you disconnect the battery. not sure why you are trying to start a argument, but bottom line is they couldn't find anything. If you read the TSB ford put out, my car would of passed the tests and went through factory warranty. Common sense tells dealers, that if a car is modded and abused, with shoddy craftsmenship they have probable cause that the ECU may have been tampered with(which allows them to investigate further, remote with ford and so on). So I can assure you, diablos intune doesn't leave any trace :banana:

stangposse

Established Member
I never understood waiting until a warranty is up prior to getting a tune. I'd rather blow my motor while I still had the slightest chance of getting one over on the dealer. If it blows out of warranty, well then you are DEFINITELY not getting any help.

Tune them bitches!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread