So who tunes in downey?

cuban3jumper

Established Member
igotyofire said:
I heard there was a gt500 that made 650hp there on friday? Does he post here?

He does post here but I forgot what sn he uses on here. I think it's G03stang or something like that. Anyways his name is Greg and he runs and owns RET, Racers Edge Tuning. Awesome guy and the best tuner in So Cal and one of the best in the country if you ask me. The owner of the GT500 he tuned on Friday actually posts on here and has another thread going on in this section actually asking for his address.

He made 550 rwhp and 550 rwtq on 91 octane with a pulley, exhaust, intake, and greg's tune.

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
That was me! It made 586 RWHP uncorrected or about 660 flywheel HP on race gas (I forget the peak but it made over 525 RWTQ from 2000 to 5200RPM:banana:). I forgot the exact numbers on pump but I know it was a tick above 550 sae corrected. I will be posting up the dyno graph's on Monday. Greg is a great guy and a even better tuner:thumbsup:. He hit the pump gas tune after only a few pulls.

Hope this answers your questions.

Running the car at Fontana tomorrow will post times and video also:beer:

cuban3jumper

Established Member
11ride4life said:
That was me! It made 586 RWHP uncorrected or about 660 flywheel HP on race gas (I forget the peak but it made over 525 RWTQ from 2000 to 5200RPM:banana:). I forgot the exact numbers on pump but I know it was a tick above 550 sae corrected. I will be posting up the dyno graph's on Monday. Greg is a great guy and a even better tuner:thumbsup:. He hit the pump gas tune after only a few pulls.

HAHA beat you to it! LOL J/K

Good numbers and goodluck tomorrow.

govworksux

Established Member
If anyone tune in Downey I would not trust them. Ghetto, Monday I am going to Compton for a tune. It is the same as downey.

govworksux

Established Member
crizzut said:
ever heard of Racers Edge Tuning???? That was a pretty ignorant, and might I add dumb thing to say.

IF that place is so good they need to get out of that area. Would you go to a Plastic surgeon that had an office in Downey?

Last edited:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
govworksux said:
IF that place is so good they need to get out of that area. Would you go to a Plastic surgeon that had an office in Downey?

you're right man, call shawn ellis at superior automotive in Anaheim. he'll get you a good tune and not charge you alot. shawn is always on time from what i've heard. the receptionist is hot too.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
govworksux said:
I hope you go to Shawn :lol1:. ?You don't deserve Greg with ignorant comments like that. Get some knowledge about Greg and his tuning abilities before you say something like that, b/c Gregs the best tuner in the area.

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
govworksux said:
If anyone tune in Downey I would not trust them. Ghetto, Monday I am going to Compton for a tune. It is the same as downey.

At first I thought this reply was a joke and then I realized he was serious! This appears to be a shamefully ignorant comment and my opinion will probably be supported by 99% of this forum. And your comparison between a business' geographic location vs. level of expertise and performance is a poor one; take your pick of what argument fallacy you're committing. As a business owner it would make more sense for him to be in an area that is near the types of clients he serves (i.e. +/- middle class). It wouldn't make as much sense for a plastic surgeon to be in Downey (unless he was reconstructive vs. cosmetic and or he was driven by something else besides $$$) considering that many plastic surgeons prefer to be in an area like Newport Beach because that's where the business is. If we were all consistent with your logic then none of us would even buy American cars built in Detroit because Detroit is one of most dangerous (ghetto) cities in the US statistically. What you are stating is equivalent to me saying that you're a daddy's boy, snob, (fill in the blank) simply because you're from "The O.C." Now that wouldn't be a fair statement would it? Why don't you be part of the solution and support businesses owned by good people that happen to be in lower socioeconomic areas so that they can move to affluent areas that are more agreeable for your tastes as their success builds? :idea: Or do you prefer to just throw rocks from inside your glass house? :nonono:

Last edited:

cuban3jumper

Established Member
LOL Downey is Ghetto?

Yea I guess that's why you can't find a house in Downey for under 400k unless it's run into the ground. If you want a nice house lets say 2 bedroom 1-2 bath expect 600k+ easily.

I lived in Downey until I moced out to go to school parents still live there and am posting from our house in Downey right now. I can tell you my car sleeps outside over here every night I'm here never had an issue. Seems like OC guys have a stick up their ass and seem to think their shit don't stink. Eh whatever the best tuner in So Cal is in Downey, Greg at RET.

Oh and yes we do boarder Compton what does that have to do with anything? Tell me is ignorance bliss?

igotyofire

Established Member
11ride4life said:

oh ok...well congradulations i look forwarding to seeing the video. also as it turns out i know victor's automotive very well and was there that day too after gettin my car worked on and so we just wanted to know why you didn't make it that night after tuning. after your last call they waited an hour for you before closing up. Did you get lost ?

govworksux

Established Member
cuban3jumper said:
LOL Downey is Ghetto?

Yea I guess that's why you can't find a house in Downey for under 400k unless it's run into the ground. If you want a nice house lets say 2 bedroom 1-2 bath expect 600k+ easily.

I lived in Downey until I moced out to go to school parents still live there and am posting from our house in Downey right now. I can tell you my car sleeps outside over here every night I'm here never had an issue. Seems like OC guys have a stick up their ass and seem to think their shit don't stink. Eh whatever the best tuner in So Cal is in Downey, Greg at RET.

Oh and yes we do boarder Compton what does that have to do with anything? Tell me is ignorance bliss?

Average medium size house in Southern CA is $525,000. $400,000= the Ghetto. If I were Greg "hypothetically " diversifying and moving out of the hood would be my next business strategy. Moving across the street does not define diversifying as I found out he recently did durng a search. At no time did I state he was not a competent tuner, your insecurity instantly went into defensive mode. My comment was, "If anyone tune in Downey I would not trust them".

Last edited:

govworksux

Established Member
Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics my go to Tuner. Shawn a lush and would never touch my cars. Have not heard much about Swanson Performance.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
govworksux said:
Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics my go to Tuner. Shawn a lush and would never touch my cars. Have not heard much about Swanson Performance.
You're ignorance and level of intelligence reflected in your posts makes you sound like an idiot. Period.

govworksux

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
You're ignorance and level of intelligence reflected in your posts makes you sound like an idiot. Period.

I just read the treads "plural" there are numerous ones on the piece of poo called a modified Cobra that this Greg person sold to another member here. Hopefully he tunes better than he does installation work. What a hack job that old Cobra of his was."WOW".. What a rip off, apparently from what I read the new owner is not to happy. This does sound like a reputable business located in the hood ripping a person off so that he could buy a Corvette. Must not be tuning to many cars. Venomous01 you and this Greg person partners, like a couple? When ever I found a post about RET there you are. It is kind of cute.

Last edited:

crizzut

Established Member
by the way, personally I wouldn't let shawn tune my car based on information I received from someone who used his services, who is also a mechanic by trade. Apparently shawn blew the engine on someones car and wasn't even phased by it. To be honest leaving my car in his hands scares the $hit out of me. Yet you call him a lush, because one person made a post about him maybe being "on the sauce" this screams ignorance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread