So who has been playing the market? Predictions on early 09...

thenexlevel

Established Member
Ever since the internet bubble crash I have been out of stocks until about 6 months ago my good friend convinced me to get back into the game...:( Needless to say I lost most of my money but have been slowly gaining it back the last few months...

So are there day traders here or option traders here on svtp? From what I gathered, a lot of people seem to figure there will be a short rally up till Obama takes office and then things just go south from there. But I have also heard that the housing market is set to bottom around June/July and how recession should be over then.

So I been thinking about options, everything seems to be so low right now, buying 6months/1year options seem to be logical choice since it takes much lower capital to get into the game. I been looking into tech companies like aapl, rimm, goog and also banks like jpm, bac and ms.

What do you guys think?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I do some day trading, but have put myself patiently on the sidelines since the end of last year due to all of the volatility! I'm getting ready after the first of the year to look at picking some things up for long term since everything is so far down! Things will turn around they always do, and I'm hoping I make some good long term moves that will payoff further down the road!
Definetly plan to get back to intra-day (day trading) as well, just need the volatility to ease up a bit. I like the liquidity of day trading combined with not stressing overnight if I hear the President or CEO of a company I was trading that day took a swan dive off a 80 story building, since I never hold those overnight!!

The long term stuff is a different story, and I am only doing that due to the current lows in the market! As a whole I believe it's down 35% from last year. So even if I picked something up and we get back to where we were last year withen the next 3-5 years i'll have a solid gain going!

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread