So whats up with MMR quality?

Toasty

Established Member
So I've been reading alot of posts where people are saying MMR has gone to crapola lately. I've never bought anything from them, but was seriously considering a shortblock this fall/winter.

So who has some specific first hand (ie: it happened to you) stories?

If no first hand experience, can anyone link to a thread on SVTP or other forum discussing some first hand reported facts?

95PGTTech

Established Member
Second hand as sales associate at JDM...multiple failed MMR oil pumps causing people needing anything from machine work to the bottom end all the way to new shortblocks, new longblocks, and new blowers.

Someone once brought one in and requested we put it on a JDM stroker shortblock we were building for him...we told him to take a walk, we'd refund his money for the shortblock before we were responsible for building a motor with one on it.

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
I'm pretty sure that their engine building is top notch... but as for their oil pump I've heard horror stories. Just get a billet gear upgrade for the stock pump.

Toasty

Established Member
So thats it? THere have been a pile of people saying MMR are crap in other threads lately, but nobody is gonna step up and provide some facts?

diablostang

Established Member
I've had terrible experience with their quality and customer experience. Been through several oilpans and been lied to by their General Manager... never again!

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
i've had bad experience with their customer service abotu a set of cams. Finally said forget it and give me my money back. They said they would not give me my money back....after alot of heated discussions with the sales guy and then the manager....a month and half later I finally got my money. I won't use them again jsut due to the customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread