so what should my next mod be?

sinnedam

Established Member
Here is what i have now. Car is a 97 Cobra.

CAI
pullies
full exhaust
4:10 (im happy with them so dont say 4:30's lol)
Sub Frame connectors
Short throw shifter.

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
For clarity's sake, are headers and an off-road (pending emissions) mid-pipe included in the full exhaust category?

There are a lot of people on here who say they have an exhaust, but do not have either of those.

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
It all depends on where you want to go with the car. Power, suspension, looks? Shortrunner and imrc deletes would be nice. What about a tune? With the LT's and other mods I think you'd benefit from that. Also, you could do some lower control arms to help suspension wise. I hate the stock 4x4 stance, so I'd suggest lowering it if you haven't already.

sinnedam

Established Member
sorry have lowering springs already..looks wise the only thing i want is a saleen wing, but gonna hold off on that till i repaint it.

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
Would you rather power or suspension mods? What's your budget? One more thing I've heard good reviews about, although haven't tried it myself, is an aluminum driveshaft.

chromeyellow98

Established Member
suspension!!! get some handles you will love it wether you are doing 50 or goin balls out. it is always there.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
aluminum driveshafts are good but if your not getting a bad shake from the stock one after your gear install, you can do without.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i agree with cobraballz but lets admit it, there are some pretty shady mechanics out there. thankfully i live close to an awesome performance shop, a huge mustang autosalvage shop, mustangs unlimited's warehouse and i think i'm less than an hour and a half away from summit. i love ga!

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
suspension!!! get some handles you will love it wether you are doing 50 or goin balls out. it is always there.

+1. I would get that suspension worked on.

if you're getting bad shake after a gear install you bring it back to who put them in and raise hell...

It's not necessarily a shake but more so a vibration at higher speeds. I had it and with my stock DS and 4.10's. My Aluminum DS took care of the issue 100%:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread