So, what exactly are the "rules" for a run on the street?

Rex Racer

Established Member
Is there some unwritten rule that I am not aware of? Something along the lines of "I started it, so finish it"? Maybe my ovaries are hurting, but I am not going to race in traffic.

I believe this is a Chevy Cruz SS, it is hard to see in my video.

I am pulling out of a housing development, and I see this guy behind me itching. When I make the left turn I can tell he wants to man up, so I speed up and honestly from what I can tell he was unable to keep up. Given that these are residential streets, I am not being ballsy. He speeds up again and gets very close to my rear bumper (shame I don't have a rear view camera) I started to speed up again, but there are cars in front of us and now we are entering a work zone, so I just lay off. He has to slam on the brakes to the point that I thought he was going to lose control, then it appears that he just tries to get in front of me and slam on his brakes.

I took the "long" way to the freeway, and he took the "short" way, but there is construction on the "short" way. We end up meeting again on the freeway and this time he notices me since I am in front. He pulls up slightly in front of me in the HOV lane and slows down and moves over one lane to be next to me only to proceed and try to edge into my lane (hard to see, if at all in the video). Honks his horn, and then cuts across traffic.

I am guessing, if someone wants to race this is not the correct way to "ask" or behave. So what is the rule? Honk 3 times, or what?

[video]https://youtu.be/jVUxiuHUT2Q[/video]

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I don't know if rules apply to that encounter. Ride someones ass and you get what you get. **** him. You'll see him again, drag his ass and don't let up until you put an area code on him. Then from there on out act like he doesn't exist.

Rambro

Established Member
Looked like some ricer road rage to me. It's really hard to be a car guy these days, soo many doushers.

Black2010

Established Member
+1

Doesn't looks like a race situation on the highway. Looks more like a road rage situation from being pissed from before. You did seem to bring on the first instance though as I'm sure he thought you were playing with him at first.

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Established Member
+1

Doesn't looks like a race situation on the highway. Looks more like a road rage situation from being pissed from before. You did seem to bring on the first instance though as I'm sure he thought you were playing with him at first.

If someone became road raged because I sped up, then that person has issues. My guess it was a teenager. The Cruz SS is a zippy car.

It reminds me of an incident several years ago when I had my Civic. I was speeding down the highway and weaved past a few cars and for whatever reason, a guy in a BMW 3 series blew past me and gave me the finger. I guess he thought I was trying to race...in a stock Civic.

rosem32

Established Member
If someone became road raged because I sped up, then that person has issues. My guess it was a teenager. The Cruz SS is a zippy car.

It reminds me of an incident several years ago when I had my Civic. I was speeding down the highway and weaved past a few cars and for whatever reason, a guy in a BMW 3 series blew past me and gave me the finger. I guess he thought I was trying to race...in a stock Civic.

That was definitely road rage, some people just turn crazy if they can't control your speed limit i.e. Get in front of you and manage the flow of traffic. In the end, you did a great job keeping your cool and letting that asshat finally move along.

**I don't know if you have a permit and carry but it's not a bad idea. Also, you don't have to answer that... :coolman:

Rem152

Established Member
My rule has always been stop light to stop light with no traffic. If you can't launch your car or know it's capabilities you shouldn't be running or practicing at the track. I somewhat despise roll racing because it truly does not show who the better driver is or the more capable car.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
If that car was yellow I would say we ran across the same douchbag. A Cruze SS tried to do a dig run with my bolt on 5.0. He lost, bad. Then proceeds to do the same crap to me getting onto I-5. Seriously confused as to why he was so mad though. Some people though, also I'll second the carrying. I always have my sig 1911 riding shotgun. People are getting crazy nowadays.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
looks like he was road raging hard. looks like a malibu. you should submit the video to the local police department because that guy is a danger on the road. total reckless driving

Rex Racer

Established Member
looks like he was road raging hard. looks like a malibu. you should submit the video to the local police department because that guy is a danger on the road. total reckless driving

I edited my video, but I did get behind him to get his license plate. I almost called the police, but I would have had to look up the non-emergency number since I didn't think a threat was imminent. When the freeway parted to the 101 from the 202, he quickly moved over 2 lanes to get onto the 101. I did not want to follow and instigate anything further.

I was out data logging at the moment specifically for temperatures as they were running high.

He came out of my neighborhood, so that means he lives here or maybe a visitor.

Rex Racer

Established Member
If that car was yellow I would say we ran across the same douchbag. A Cruze SS tried to do a dig run with my bolt on 5.0. He lost, bad. Then proceeds to do the same crap to me getting onto I-5. Seriously confused as to why he was so mad though. Some people though, also I'll second the carrying. I always have my sig 1911 riding shotgun. People are getting crazy nowadays.

If the road was clear, I would have. The thing is right now is that I am getting knock at 5000 RPM, so I need the tune from VMP to be revised. Another reason why I didn't push beyond what I already did.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Off topic, but I was reading about just the same issue (knock)
I found that an exhaust hitting the floor , is enough to trigger knock.
Free advise.

Users who are viewing this thread