So what do you think would cause this? (pics)

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Well, its been like this for a long time since ive put the wider wheels on it. Its just a little more pronounced now that its lowered a little. The alignment guys said they didnt notice anything weird, but look at the pics. I noticed that to align it correctly with the stock plates and even now with the MM caster cambers they passenger side is more centered and the drivers it pushed outward. What in the front suspension would cause something like this???????????????

Passenger side(normal)
passenger.jpg

Drivers side(not normal)
drivers.jpg

FindemorGrindem

Established Member
I've seen wheels do that after putting on some types of aftermarket k members where its like something is shifted like the mounting points or something else odd is off a hair. Thats all I could think of.

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
Looks like your k-member is off to the right. Thats some shity ford tolerances if you ask me.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i'd say the car was involved in a front end accident at one point, and the k member is a bit bent

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
I started the last thread on this and can't say what the problem is. If you find out, let us all know. I'm getting my alignment done tomorrow so I'll ask the guys there and see if it fixes it any. Mine went from about an inch out to a 1/4" now. Still pronounced but not as bad as before.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Yeah the previous owner told me the car had been involved in a front end collision before. I saw the paper work and it didnt seeem to be that bad of an accident based on the cost to fix and stuff. Could be the K-memeber im putting in an tubular one this summer so maybe that will fix it. Before then im gonna see if i can get the frame checked out to make sure its in spec.

Users who are viewing this thread