So, someone tried to steal my car/cut my top open help?

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
Well if its not one thing, its another it seems. Over the weekend some moronic MF'er/s tried to steal my car. They cut the top open by the driver side door more than likely to unlock the door. :shrug:

Now Im left absolutely hot blooded, and god I hope I dont find out who it was because I will do something Ill regret. Anyway, I need help- its a cut on the C pillar. For those who have had this happen how much is it for a new top/repairing it and where in Southern California could I try to look at/go to. Thank you in advance.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
camo-tape.jpg

It's camo, so they won't see it.....lol

Seriously though, that sucks. Call around to uphoulstry (sp?) shops, and see if they can repair it....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
really sux and I have no idea about where to get it fixed.

I do, however, have a suggestion.... don't lose your sense of humor ... yeah the guy was an idiot but look at it the way this guy did when a brick was thrown through the window of his car:

[ame=http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266967]Aww, broken window. - Focus Fanatics[/ame]

Well if its not one thing, its another it seems. Over the weekend some moronic MF'er/s tried to steal my car. They cut the top open by the driver side door more than likely to unlock the door. :shrug:

Now Im left absolutely hot blooded, and god I hope I dont find out who it was because I will do something Ill regret. Anyway, I need help- its a cut on the C pillar. For those who have had this happen how much is it for a new top/repairing it and where in Southern California could I try to look at/go to. Thank you in advance.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Here:

1994 thru 2004 Ford Mustang & Cobra

They are local.

Get the twillfast cloth. It's similar to the ones that come on the 03-04 Cobra. All other mustang models use sailcloth.

For an installer, there is an auth guy in Northridge that they will refer you to, and he quoted me about $150 or some super cheap amount to install it.

Good Luck, and keep us posted on how it turns out.

Cheers!

Ken

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Been there.

Use this opportunity to swap to a cloth top like Ken suggested. That's a really good deal on both the materials and labor. It's been a long time since I did it, but my grand total was at least twice that amount.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Here:

1994 thru 2004 Ford Mustang & Cobra

They are local.

Get the twillfast cloth. It's similar to the ones that come on the 03-04 Cobra. All other mustang models use sailcloth.

For an installer, there is an auth guy in Northridge that they will refer you to, and he quoted me about $150 or some super cheap amount to install it.

Good Luck, and keep us posted on how it turns out.

Cheers!

Ken

Sorry to hear that mike! Damn people can be dic*s!

Those 006 posted above are literally 5 min. from my place and they sell nice stuff!

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
hmm

Been there.

Use this opportunity to swap to a cloth top like Ken suggested. That's a really good deal on both the materials and labor. It's been a long time since I did it, but my grand total was at least twice that amount.

Oh wow my cut is about the same but slightly worse as I drove with it not thinking itd make it worse. I just dont have money to be throwing around on an expense I didnt have. Now I have to come up with 390 dollars it looks like just for the actual top.

What recommendation would you guys have on which cloth to buy? The 579 dollar one seems a bit steep. Whats the difference between the sailcoth vinyl and the one I have now(stock). Thanks in advance. PS I have a Mineral Gray if it matters...

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Vandalism should be covered under your insurance if things are tight.

Sailcloth is what you have now. If you're going to replace the top, find a way to do it in cloth. It looks infinitely better. I spent a good chunk on mine and would do it again in a heartbeat. It completely upgrades the exterior, IMO.

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
hmm

Vandalism should be covered under your insurance if things are tight.

Sailcloth is what you have now. If you're going to replace the top, find a way to do it in cloth. It looks infinitely better. I spent a good chunk on mine and would do it again in a heartbeat. It completely upgrades the exterior, IMO.

Im going to try my best to make that happen. Out of all those cloth options which would you say I should purchase if you were in my shoes then.

PS can I please see more pictures of your car with the cloth vs the vinyl ? Thanks!

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Edit: ^DAMN!!

Edit 2: It looks like the went through the interior liner, so you'll need that too. Shitty situation, man.

Either version is fine, IMO. I can't remember for sure, but I believe mine is Stayfast.

Last edited:

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
hmmm

Edit: ^DAMN!!

Edit 2: It looks like the went through the interior liner, so you'll need that too. Shitty situation, man.

Either version is fine, IMO. I can't remember for sure, but I believe mine is Stayfast.

They did go through. But Im going to try to patch the headliner for now maybe idk? I just cant afford to spend more than 600 on this. Even then Im going to have to save for a few months. Better not rain til then :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread