So on the fence!

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Anyone daily drive their Raptor>??? How do you like it>???
Anyone tow a decent weight with one>??? If I bought one it would be my new tow vehicle as I just sold my diesel.

I have a buddy that will do an order for me at invoice which seems like a great deal. I just don't want to buy a $50,000 truck I am gonna hate.

Post up your thoughts/opinions if you don't mind.

Thanks, Mat

Gus00SVTL

SVT Lightning/6.2L Raptor
Established Member
I daily drive mine but I do not tow anything with it. It is a great ride. Really smooth on the bumps... Never felt a ride this smooth in a truck before. One major concern is the width of the truck. Always gotta watch how much space you have. And parking could be tricky too if they are tight spots, but I park way out anyway. The Raptor is a very comfortable truck for being an offroad racer! sorry i cant help with the towing. if you need more info ask!
Are you looking at the 5.4 or 6.2?
Good luck with your decision bro:beer:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
If you're used to towing with a diesel, you may be disappointed with the Raptors towing. What type of weights are you going to be towing with it?

I drive mine daily, and it tows a car trailer, loaded with 6 ATVs no problem, and I'd be confident in towing my car on a trailer with it.

Width is a concern, so if finding large parking spots is an issue for you, then you might get frustrated driving it.. It is like 7 inches wider than an stock F150..

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I would be towing a car on an open trailer. I really don't tow much anymore. Just personal stuff.
I had a crew cab dually for the last 5 years, I shouldn't have much trouble parking it. LoL.

6.2L all the way.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I DD mine for farm use and tow occasionally. Average 15.6 (6.2L) mpg and love this truck, especially on the dirt. I would think if you weren't gonna tow on a daily basis you'd be just fine.

Hope you enjoy it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'm pretty sure that if you drove a crew cab dually, you won't have any problem DD'ing a Raptor. Probably a much better ride and the size/mileage shouldn't be a problem for you. I'd love to get one of these things to tow my Jeep around with, plus I would have two vehicles to go offroad lol.

VaporDude

Established Member
The Raptor has a 6,000 pound towing capacity. I just drove my Raptor 1300 miles with my Shelby on a trailer. Sure it is only 5,000 pounds but the Raptor did just fine. The ride is incredible for a truck. I prefer to drive the Raptor instead of my daily driver Milan because it is so coomfortable. I have had my Raptor since June 11th and already have over 5,000 miles on it.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
When the order banks open up for the 2011 trucks I will make my decision. I am pretty sure 2010 ordering is done and I think ordering a vehicle personally is pretty damn cool. If some crazy rebates or finance offers come out for the 2010 trucks my mind might be changed but I don't know if that will happen.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Also, I would not be towing on a daily basis. My towing days are pretty much gone. I would just use it for personal towing(my Cobra or GN) and the occasional disabled vehicle I buy. I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to handle what I would throw at it.

My diesel truck is sold and gone so hopefully I don't burn through the $$$$$ before I order one of these!

Users who are viewing this thread