So nice to clean my car!!

Frogger

Established Member
For the first time i use clay bar on my car, and o boy its a big diffrence.
First time pc was use on my car to bring out the color. I had alot of scratches from rocks or keys , now they almost gone. If you want to find them now need to really look for them. Car is 6 years old and i think still in good shape.

Car will be lowered when my shocks will get here.

557453_49_full.jpg

557453_50_full.jpg

557453_52_full.jpg

557453_53_full.jpg

557453_54.jpg

Frogger

Established Member
I use 3M Wax and i also was not impresed much. It looks good but not like i thought it would look.

I like it anyway, scraches that were deep are fill in and are not showing.

spree

Established Member
black01mustang said:
I read at some detailing website that dawn works the same as claybaring. I was just curious if this was true?

in terms of stripping wax, yes. I wouldn't use Dawn though unless you've got Zaino on your car.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
spree said:
in terms of stripping wax, yes. I wouldn't use Dawn though unless you've got Zaino on your car.

Dawn will strip wax, but it will leave contaminants in your paint. You won't get that smooth to the touch feeling of a freshly clayed finish. These particles of contaminants will dull the finish (if you have a trained eye you can tell the difference) I have also heard stories of Dawn softening the paint and making it very scratchable during the detailing process. I used to use it but won't touch it now that I've educated myself on detailing.

Dawn belongs under the sink!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread