The mufflers....about a 3 feet long box:

24114.jpg

The hood probably weighed 20lbs....surprisingly light:

24115.jpg

Thought this was pretty cool....it was inside the rear passenger quarter panel:

24116.jpg

I got to be LITERALLY INSIDE the Ford GT :coolman:
24112.jpg

we had to tighten some screws on the small rear spoiler and pretty much everything had to come off to get to them. Kinda sucked but it was a good experience to see how it's all put together :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
the rear spoiler was coming loose so we had to tighten the screws. Larry, the owner, didn't trust taking so some Ford Tech could do it so we all pitched in.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Killer!!!! I love finding stuff from the factory that the average owner would never see.

Thanks for the post!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
the rear spoiler was coming loose so we had to tighten the screws. Larry, the owner, didn't trust taking so some Ford Tech could do it so we all pitched in.

Tell Larry to lose that overweight and worthless muffler and put these on:

M-9430-GTX.jpg

:rockon:

Looks like fun anyways. Tell him to check the radiator hose clamp on the passenger side as well if he hasn't already.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
50 BMG said:
Tell Larry to lose that overweight and worthless muffler and put these on. Tell him to check the radiator hose clamp on the passenger side as well if he hasn't already.

He's getting the FRPP muffler when they become available....they're on backorder. Least the muffler won't be too hard to switch out. Do the radiator clamps have a problem??

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
I'd be scared to work on that thing! I'd be nervous with that clamshell "hood" thingy on the ground so close to where you guys are working!!! Words can't describe how much I appreciate and respect these cars. Thanks for sharing!!!

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
BmoseleyINC said:
Haha looks FUN! What does that say on the inside of the quarter panel?

it says "Stripe By...." was pretty cool to find that.

91hatch said:
yea he must trust yall alot to let u work on a gt idk if id trust ne one but myseld working on it lol

Yea...he does. I detail his '00R all the time and drive it on occasion. After a weekend at the track with the FordGT I got to detail it and get all the rubber marks off. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread