So My Friend "Ran" from an LEO.....

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
I have a buddy that was proud of the fact that he "ran" from the police in his Camaro. He said that he was on a 6 lane road (three in each direction with a concrete boulevard or whatever they're called in between). He passed an intersection and as he passed someone turned into traffic with him going the same direction.

The person ended up almost merging in to him so he went around them, cut them off fish tailing and at that time an LEO passed in the opposite lane. There was no near "turn around" so it took the LEO to get into the same direction. He said the LEO lit him up while in the opposite lane and he took off down some back roads and went after he felt "it was safe".

I *did* tell him he was an idiot. :read:It got me to thinking, couldn't they still stop him later (he's got these horrible rims that shine like no tomorrow LOL) and ask him about it just based on the fact that he's got some pillar gauges (LEO may have seen?), horrible chrome rims and a unique stripe (yellow with black "hockey sticks"...what he calls them)?

That being said, how does that work for LEO's out there who aren't able to stop people (they can't find them immediately after the incident)? How much info do you need to ticket someone?

-N

Last edited:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
That sounds like a pretty good description of the vehicle, but the officer would need to identify the driver.
If he can, then he would get a warrant and enter it into databank, T.C.I.C.
The kid may not even know he has a warrant for he arrest until he is stopped.

I have done this a few times in my career.

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I thought that he'd be able to be stopped just from the description of the vehicle. Guess not. I won't tell him that though ;)

-N

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well back in the day I had an Eclipse and there was a guy that worked for a local Sheriffs department (scout/explorer) whatever they're called, that also had an Eclipse. Well one day he was following me and does a flyby, reving as he goes by, so I let him pass then downshift and go by him as he tries to floor it. I pulled him pretty good, the slow down and he starts riding my ass. I was like whatever and just ignored it. Well later that night I get pulled over by a sheriff and he tells me he had got a complaint that a vehicle fitting my decription had been driving erratically and speeding etc. I was like ok (not even thinking about my encounter earlier) I said there has to be a hundred black Eclipse's it could have been, so we talked a bit and he let me go. Next night, I get pulled over by another Sheriff, and same story. I laughed and said look, I dont know what your talking about and again was let go. Get this the very next day (yes again) I get pulled over 3 nights in a row. I was pissed at this point. I pull over and tell the officer ok, you have a decription of a car that fit's mine right that was speeding etc. He said I take it you been pulled over, I said yes and it's getting annoying. Well he let me get out of my car to talk to him, so we sat there and talked about it for a a bit, and he basically told me who told on me. I laughed it off, and he laughed as well (very cool guy) and basically he told me that's why I was being harrassed.

Lol sorry for the long story, but my point is with a good visual of the car, I wouldn't be surprised if he get's pulled over in that area.

Last edited:

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
A friend of mine did this racing a bike on the highway. Needless to say he kept going and the bike got pulled over. His car sat for almost a year after this. We went back into town and the cops were out looking for him, they pulled in and asked if we seen a car with stickers on it and a carbon fiber hood (bomb stickers for kills). The hood was not carbon but gray, getting ready to be painted. So I would guess if its like my town, yeah he will get pulled over if the cop seen the car and got a good description of it.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Ok so say there is a "warrant" out for a black camaro stripes for speeding/driving recklessly. If he pulls over a black camaro 2 days later for said offense, how can he legally prove to a court that it was THAT camaro and THAT driver that did the crime?

Being a previous mustang owner, a silver one no less, I would say that there are many such colored mustangs driving around in my area. If one of these guys does something stupid but doesn't get stopped, then I get pulled over days later for having the same car as that guy, how can they prove it was me and not some other similar car (unless the car that was seen driving has some serious and very specific markings like stickers or stripes that can easily identify the correct car)?

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I have a buddy that was proud of the fact that he "ran" from the police in his Camaro. He said that he was on a 6 lane road (three in each direction with a concrete boulevard or whatever they're called in between). He passed an intersection and as he passed someone turned into traffic with him going the same direction.

The person ended up almost merging in to him so he went around them, cut them off fish tailing and at that time an LEO passed in the opposite lane. There was no near "turn around" so it took the LEO to get into the same direction. He said the LEO lit him up while in the opposite lane and he took off down some back roads and went after he felt "it was safe".

I *did* tell him he was an idiot. :read:It got me to thinking, couldn't they still stop him later (he's got these horrible rims that shine like no tomorrow LOL) and ask him about it just based on the fact that he's got some pillar gauges (LEO may have seen?), horrible chrome rims and a unique stripe (yellow with black "hockey sticks"...what he calls them)?

That being said, how does that work for LEO's out there who aren't able to stop people (they can't find them immediately after the incident)? How much info do you need to ticket someone?

-N

I don't even understand WHY you would give the description of YOUR FRIENDS car on this site. That's ****** up if you ask me...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Ok so say there is a "warrant" out for a black camaro stripes for speeding/driving recklessly. If he pulls over a black camaro 2 days later for said offense, how can he legally prove to a court that it was THAT camaro and THAT driver that did the crime?

A criminal warrant will NOT be issued for a car. They are issued for real persons. Possible a search warrant but that isnt what you are describing. I think you are referring to a BOLO.

RedJet

Established Member
I've never had to run from the cops but if I was speeding by a cop and saw him pull onto the highway, I'd seriously consider taking the next exit and laying low somewhere hidden.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
A criminal warrant will NOT be issued for a car. They are issued for real persons. Possible a search warrant but that isnt what you are describing. I think you are referring to a BOLO.

Could they issue something based on the owner of the car if the officer go the license plate?

skratpiece

Established Member
I outran a North Kingston Rhode Island cop in my 86 GT. I flew by him at 93, sped up to 105 in the breakdown lane, busted it sideways through an intersection, went down a back road and ditched my car in the first driveway I found. I walked out to the mailbox of the home as if I owned the house and waited until the cop drive by. As he drove by I hopped in my car and headed the other way. All he had was a visual of the car, no plate no proof. I ended up getting stopped by a South Kingston Cop that was on construction duty. Yeah. As far as I know a cop that is on construction duty can't detain a driver, but I'm not an attorney yet so I don't know. Once detained, he called in the North Kingston cop to identify me, but he was cautious about arresting me without proof. He made sure to get statements from my dickhead friend and some dumb spermgurgler I had in my back seat. Without the statements against me, I think I he would have had to let me go.

Users who are viewing this thread