so my car sweats....wtf???

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
well i dont know the cause obviously but im hopeing one of u bastards knows. the passanger side floor gets moist and wet to the point where i had to take out the floor matts and turn the heater on full(floor) when i drive just to dry it out. The thing is its not leaking from under my dash or anything. i noticed today that its more of a steam that soaks the carpet. I touched it and it was hot and wet and had condensation built up unlike a dripping leak. The point of origin is right near the tranny hump(right side) where it gets flat by your feet on the left side of the passanger side. Anyone know wtf is up with this? its seems very wierd. thanks guys for any help

mustang462002

Slow GT
Established Member
Well. I think that you have to have a liquid leak somewhere. Then it comes in contact with the exauhst heats it up. Somehow passes through a hole and condenses back. Either way check all your hoses and just for the hell of it the heater core. What does thw liquid smell like?

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
it just smells like water really. i will check around again but i couldnt find a drip source. any other ideas?

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
does it get foggy if you turn the heat on, or a film on the glass? if so its the heater core. also could be a/c drain stopped up, leaking back in.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
if it doesn't smell like coolant (as he is stating) then it doesn't sound like a heater core issue...

Be thankfull. I haven't done a heater core in a SN95 or New Edge (same thing), but in the old Fox bodies...I HATED changing those things out....

I'd rather slam my hand in a car door then have to change one of those again.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Be thankfull. I haven't done a heater core in a SN95 or New Edge (same thing), but in the old Fox bodies...I HATED changing those things out....

I'd rather slam my hand in a car door then have to change one of those again.

i've done one on a fox as well...from what i understand the newer ones are much easier...regarding the fox ones...would have been nice if they hadn't MOLDED it in to where you didn't have to cut it out...LOL

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
If it smells like water than your drain tube for your a/c is plugged. You can get under the car and blow it out with compressed air.

Prepare for lots of cold water and some shit to fall on you if you don't move fast enough.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
i've done one on a fox as well...from what i understand the newer ones are much easier...regarding the fox ones...would have been nice if they hadn't MOLDED it in to where you didn't have to cut it out...LOL

LOL....yeah, but see...that would have required forethought....lol

First car I ever had was a 1972 Comet GT (Mercury's version of the Maverick).

I drove that car around with out the dash board for about a month because I didn't want to screw with it any more after replacing that heater core.

Sad thing is I replaced it twice in the year I had the car....piece of junk....

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Some guy on here did a heater core on an Sn95 car. It can' be too much more different than ours really.

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
where is this heater core located and how do i get to it. I also doubt its the ac because its been out of freon for a couple years now. If the heater core is bad would it still produce heat and what not. And about the ac line being clogged. How and where under the car would i free it up?? I appreciate the help guys:beer:

Gary101386

Established Member
a/c drain stopped up, leaking back in.

my car had that problem, and i didnt know of it till i had someone in the passenger seat and took a turn pretty quick....

Turn on your AC go in for a few minutes.... then come out with a flash light and look under the passenger dash.....

Good luck! :beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
where is this heater core located and how do i get to it. I also doubt its the ac because its been out of freon for a couple years now. If the heater core is bad would it still produce heat and what not. And about the ac line being clogged. How and where under the car would i free it up?? I appreciate the help guys:beer:
it's on the passenger side inside the dash. also, he was talking about the drain tube for your AC. it is a designated path for condensation to drip from. and yes, if your heater core is bad the heat will still work. but that is not exactly all your heater core does. it also removes water vapor from the air when you use your defrost. that's why someone said to try your defrost and see if it just fogs the windows up. that would indicate too much moisture in the air comming out of the vents.

NXSVTCOBRA

hahahaha I had a 2000 v6 that did the same, very weird, I checked EVERYWHERE it didn't leak anywhere but randomly you'd find a soaking wet floor and it smells like wet carpet in it. Never understood it, best of luck to you.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
If it smells like water than your drain tube for your a/c is plugged. You can get under the car and blow it out with compressed air.

Prepare for lots of cold water and some shit to fall on you if you don't move fast enough.
This is it. There is a rubber tube which goes through the passenger side of the tunnel. From underneath the car, you'll see a short black rubber tube. It is stopped up, clear out the obstruction and the water will have a path out and drip on the exhaust instead of sloshing out inside the car. Follow the instructions above and you'll see what he meant about a bath.

IOW, your car can't pee, so it sweats.

If it is your heater core, then air would be in your system and your engine would be overheating because of the air. :pop:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread