So long Cobra, hello Super Duty

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Well, I did it. I liquidated the fleet and bought an 04 Sooper Doodie. I got an F-350 crew cab, Diesel, 4x4 blah-blah everything but the automatic nut tickler. It's a "pickup" but funny thing is it's the most expensive vehicle I've bought to date, strange how that works.

Now I'm digging into modding the 6.0 Diesel and lifting it. You can't be a real redneck without mud tires! I'd appreciate any input on good Diesel forums and vendors for performance stuff.

After this weekend I feel like a 1 man pit crew at the Daytona 500. I brought my Cobra back to stock and stripped my truck. I've swapped more tires than a kid at Pep Boys does all year. My Garage looks like a Summit Racing truck crashed into a 4 wheel drive warehouse.

If anyone is interested here's the E-bay listing of all my Cobra parts. Tires, my BFG drags with the big rims, intake, pulley, exhaust - everything. Check it out if you're interested.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...thkentperformance&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

:beer:

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by f_rice
Here you go:
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

Why did you sell the Cobra and why didn't you wait for the 05 Super Duty?

Thanks for the thread!

3 words: Insurance, insurance, insurance. (I have a clean record at 33 years old and the Terminator was costing me about $175 a month). I tend to loose interest after all the mods are done too.

I hardly got a chance to drive the Cobra and I'm going to lift the SD. I didn't want to wait for someone to come out with a coil spring lift kit and the exterior changes are going to be minor. The cool thing about SD's are the fact that they hold their value so well. I lost about $10k on the Cobra in a little ove a year and 14k miles. In contrast my Dad lost $6k on a SD in 4 years and 58K miles! I might wait for a totally new body style on the SD's and get one then.

The interior in the 05's would have been nice though.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

predator

Established Member
I did the same thing....well a little different. I got the same truck and kept the cobra. I had sold off my fleet consisting of a Windstar van and my beasty '78 Bronco. Once the wife got taken care of with her '04 Town and Country I decided I need to get a more "functional" truck. Funny.....I was looking at what is going on with modding that 6.0 diesel too! :thumbsup:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
wow 175 a month for just the Cobra? I have a 96 crown vic and the Cobra only cost me about 140 a month. I went from a 03 F-250 with the 7.3 PSD Really didnt need a truck and all the talk about modding it :shrug:
Originally posted by Nuclrslug
Thanks for the thread!

3 words: Insurance, insurance, insurance. (I have a clean record at 33 years old and the Terminator was costing me about $175 a month). I tend to loose interest after all the mods are done too.

I hardly got a chance to drive the Cobra and I'm going to lift the SD. I didn't want to wait for someone to come out with a coil spring lift kit and the exterior changes are going to be minor. The cool thing about SD's are the fact that they hold their value so well. I lost about $10k on the Cobra in a little ove a year and 14k miles. In contrast my Dad lost $6k on a SD in 4 years and 58K miles! I might wait for a totally new body style on the SD's and get one then.

The interior in the 05's would have been nice though.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by Nuclrslug
Thanks for the thread!

3 words: Insurance, insurance, insurance. (I have a clean record at 33 years old and the Terminator was costing me about $175 a month).

hahaha thats it..clean record and mine way 400 a month for a while..now i am 25 and down to 125 a month...

ColonelMM

Established Member
Oooo, soo many mods for the diesel. First thing no matter what is to chip it. It makes a completely different truck. Then get a 5" Magnaflow exhaust, a new intake (With the chip, you will bring the check engine light on at higher RPM due to lack of sufficient air volume), and then replace the injectors. Talk about an engine that responds to mods.

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
hahaha thats it..clean record and mine way 400 a month for a while..now i am 25 and down to 125 a month...

Yea, with my Olds, Mustang, Lincoln and truck I was paying $350+ a month! Now with just the new truck and the Olds I'm down to a little over $100.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
insurance is high in grand rapids:shrug:
I almost got a 05 F350 with the 6L PSD

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
IIRC its because they have that 'no fault' crap
Originally posted by chunkysoup
insurance is high in grand rapids:shrug:
I almost got a 05 F350 with the 6L PSD

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
If there is no fault, did it happen?
I see, with rates like that I would've kept my rig.
Originally posted by RTStabler51
IIRC its because they have that 'no fault' crap

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Insurance isn't terrible but AAA likes to jack it up on our side of the state to offset the losses they take in Detroit. (Nuclrslug puts on flamesuit anticipating response from east siders).

Users who are viewing this thread