So Long BMR AA025 - A-arms, 19mm Tall Ball Joint

SteveWK

Established Member
Just a heads up for some of you who might be thinking of installing these, YMMV.

I originally had these installed in 2014 along with Koni single adjustables and stiffer front springs. From time to time when I would hit bumps the steering wheel would oscillate (vibrate) back and forth and then dampen out quickly. Obviously the EPAS didn't like this setup, but I kept them anyway because I was going to open track the car. Maybe 4 years ago I put the stock shocks back in with Eibach Pro springs. This helped but would still get the occasional oscillation in the steering wheel. Also if I hit any significant bump in the road the steering wheel would get nearly yanked out of my hand at times, bump steer? Fast forward to a few days ago, and I just couldn't take it anymore. The car was becoming dangerous to drive. Any high speed driving was a white knuckle affair. Put the stock a-arms back in and L springs. Car drives like a dream now. I forgot what it felt like. I did call BMR about 5 years ago to tell them about this problem but they had never heard of it in a 2013. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread