so lets say i buy a used car.

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
and the guy before me happened to leave his bowl under the seat i get my car searched and they find it.....what happens?

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Are we talking about a really wacked bowl or a quality item, hand-made by a Jamaican craftsman?

BTW - are you still carrying it around, or did you finally take it out of the car?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
mr_Ginzo said:
...guy before me happened to leave his bowl under the seat i get my car searched and they find it...
That's an interesting scenario...

I bought a used car out-of state about 10 years ago. I had the title with me, and brought along license plates from a totally different car and slapped them on just for transporting purposes. I drove the car home across 3 states without incident. A few days later I was cleaning the car out and found a small sandwich bag of pot seeds under the front seat.

I'm sure that could have landed me in a bit of trouble if I had been stopped...invalid plates and next year's crop laying under my front seat. :rolleyes: I guess next time I'll have to ask the seller to please remove all contraband before I take ownership of the car. :nonono:

-Greg

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Legally you are responsible for the contents of your car. There are people doing time today for their passengers drugs, which were under the seat.

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
pretty stupid if you ask me, my teacher (auto) told us to always check cars out for those type of things, we had bought a car from a junkyard and guess what we found only reason i'm asking.

stanglover96

Established Member
My uncle bought a drug seized truck at auction, what happens if the drug dogs sniff his truck? Do police detail them before selling them to the public? The only reason I ask is because he works at a high school.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
stanglover96 said:
My uncle bought a drug seized truck at auction, what happens if the drug dogs sniff his truck? Do police detail them before selling them to the public? The only reason I ask is because he works at a high school.

I'm pretty sure the drug dogs can sniff till their noses bleed, but if they don't find anything illegal in the car, they can't do anything to you. Be sure theres not something illegal in the truck though. :)

LogiWorld123

Established Member
tell the cops its not yours. itll only be the five hundreth million time they have heard that one.

Iman01

Established Member
When you buy a used car from a questionable person, call the local dispatch and ask them if they can set up a drug dog to sniff your car. You might wince when the dog jumps on your seats and runs around, but it is nice to know that the stuff the idiot left in there is now gone.

Users who are viewing this thread