So...just lost..

Crazycarl

Established Member
...my job.

So yeah, i just lost my job today. The funny thing is I am not terribly upset. I really hated the job with a passion, so I kind of have a sense of relief. Now yes, it sux I am not getting paid right now, but hopefully I find something kinda quick. I didn't make all that much money in the first place anyways.

So has anyone ever felt more relieved losing a job? Yeah, i know its gonna suck finding a job but where i worked, i truly was stressed beyond belief.

Defknotzero

Established Member
When I was laid off last year, it sucked ass but in a way I was kind of relieved. I hated the job and went on to do something else. Stick in there man. I'm sure you will find something.

autotrix

Established Member
Sometimes things happen for a reason. I am sure that you will be okay, hell, we live in AMERICA !!:banana:

Black Sex

Established Member
That sucks. Hope you find something else soon. There area a lot of other people looking too so I would imagine the jobs that are out there are getting snatched up quick. What did you do for a job if you dont mind me asking?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
My dad has been out of work for a year now (construction) and has used his time as a mini retirement. He has been flying, exercising, meeting new woman (drove to VA beach last night to meet up with a woman) and just enjoy his time off until things open it in his field. He is 56 yrs old.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Sounds like it was for the better. You hated the job and weren't paid well. Good luck with your job hunt.

Last edited:

chimpin

Established Member
I was laid off last year and it felt very liberating because I needed a change.
I'm returning to school and planning a better future.

Hopefully you will end up in a better position and find something you enjoy doing.

Keep your head up and good luck!!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
were you terminated or laid off?

i was fired in june 09 for circumventing my employers web filter (doesnt help when you have admin;admin as your login/password, looking back i really shoulve reset it to "youreanidiot/****yourcouch"). took 3mo to myself and then started busting my ass the other 3mo looking for work. Got hired doing the same duties with different product (particle board lockers vs steel insulated panels) and pretty much equal pay with way less responsibility.

Jobs are out there, you have to be vigiliant and know how to get your resume to the top of the pile and get that interview. I had good luck with craigslist, but then again, id respond to easy 50 postings a day. I made a nice email template that i would modify to match the job i was responding to (not just respond with "heres my resume, call me" like most) and why i would be suitable for the position. Got me at least a phone call once or twice a week, and a interview about every two weeks on average. I was also on Monster and Careerbuilder but never got any hits off those. I was part of 3 local labor places, one was pretty good in getting me interviews for realistic positions but they were usually mass interviewing, and i was always second place, next to some guy who would always have 10+ years of experience in whatever field.

Last edited:

yellowbra

Established Member
...my job.

So yeah, i just lost my job today. The funny thing is I am not terribly upset. I really hated the job with a passion, so I kind of have a sense of relief. Now yes, it sux I am not getting paid right now, but hopefully I find something kinda quick. I didn't make all that much money in the first place anyways.

So has anyone ever felt more relieved losing a job? Yeah, i know its gonna suck finding a job but where i worked, i truly was stressed beyond belief.

yeah, well kinda. I more quit than "lost" my job. I had been working a furniture store called Value City. My friend was at the bar one day and was talking to a guy there about work. It turned out that that was the store manager so pretty much he would get the job. He told me about it because I was also looking for work and I've been in sales my whole life so why not. Well I went in with him to apply and we both got hired on the spot. It was a store that was only 5 mins from my house so thats why I ultimately applied. Well when we started the job he said we had to go work at the Brown Deer store(shitty ass neighborhood and waay less earning potential, not to mention a 45 min. drive to work everyday). So we said that was fine only if it was a temporary thing and me and my buddy could carpool(so we had to have the same exact hours) since it was so far out of the way. They said that was fine so we went to the orientation. Well 3 months had pasted and now i'm started to get worried. I ask the store manager when we are going to be transferred to the store that we "applied" for? He couldn't give me an answer so, I just let it be. I was making alright money and was content with the situation but, wasn't making enough to justify driving that far. But then all of the sudden they say that they are going to be changing everyones hours. We will be working more and me and my buddy will no longer have mirrored hours. So I told him that is not what we discussed and that the only reason I am still here is because we thought it was temporary and the carpooling. He said he didn't care. So I told him "well lets hope your a good floor salesmen" and me and my buddy walking out. I was actually pretty happy walking out of that job and me and buddy went on a brewery tour.

colsgt

Established Member
I was terminated from a job a year ago this month, I hated that place more than anything. But shitty work is better than no work. It was better than waiting after giving your two week notice though.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Both times I was laid off (2003, 2008) I was pretty upset. The second one I knew it was coming because I didn't have any work, the first one I didn't see coming.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sometimes blessings come in disguise.

I had a job a while back which I got because someone I knew highly recomended me. I was making good money but the the job was very marginal for those working under me. Let's just say it was a less than proffesional operation. I wanted to quit because the upper management didn't want to fix things for my workers but instead expected optimal performance, I didn't quit only because I had gotten referred to that job. So instead I argued with my boss and ended up getting fired. Biggest relief ever.

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
You know, in my experience, it seems when one door closes, another opens. Every job I've lost (only two), I've gotten a better one. I hope the same for you.

Vigilante

Established Member
Something better is around the corner. At least thats what I'm hoping for, everywhere I've applied won't hire me because I'm in school(one even told me I could jump right into training in may, they'd "hang on" to my paperwork:bored:) and I did about 30-40 applications in the first month.
Yes they come out and say training can't be worked around a school schedule. Luckily unemployment doesn't run out til after school.

Users who are viewing this thread