So, its the blown motor question again....

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
So, I may have blown my engine up a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to get some input from you guys before going any further…

1. I’m looking for a shot block. I know it would be easier to get a long block now, but I don’t have a TON of money lying around. I have enough to get a shot block from a reputable builder, but nothing crazy. Thus, I will be somewhat constrained. That being said, what SB are you guys running? I’ve done a lot of research, and I think I’m down to MMR, JLP and a few others. Also, I currently live in NY, so the closer the better. I’ve heard a lot of good and bad things about each builder, so I’m looking for a general consensus. I want someone who stands by their product.

2. Have any of you worked with CV Automotive in Central Valley, NY? I’m thinking about going to them for the install. I think I could do this on my own, but I’m in the military and I have very little time on my hands. I’ve come to grips with the fact that I’m probably going to have to pay someone, and it kills me. Here is their site: http://www.cvautomotivemachine.com/

3. How much do most shops charge on the install. I just want a baseline so I can tell if I’m being fed BS. How long should it take a good shop to throw in a shot block.

I appreciate any help you can give me. I’m only 21, so I’m still new to the process of wheeling and dealing, so to speak.

And before you give me any crap about having a Lightning, I paid for the dang thing myself;-). I’ll explain later if its an issue.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
How well does JDM stack up against other brands? I've found a few reviews on here, but I'm looking for more? Have any of you had a problem with them?

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Everyon who owns these trucks, has to have at least 1 friend that has pulled our engines. Just get some food and beer and do it over the weekend.

Rook

Established Member
after i purchased my jdm long block 4 months it showed up at my door. no problems with the engine but that was too long of a wait.

cruisersk1

Established Member
So, I may have blown my engine up a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to get some input from you guys before going any further…

1. I’m looking for a shot block.

I am sure alot of people on here have a shot block they would sell you but if your going to spend the money on a install I would put a good one in:-D

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
after i purchased my jdm long block 4 months it showed up at my door. no problems with the engine but that was too long of a wait.

Time is kinda an issue. I only have a few months to get this together. Which shop can get me an engine the quickest?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Time is kinda an issue. I only have a few months to get this together. Which shop can get me an engine the quickest?

In my opinion, you're gonna limit yourself then.

Would you rather wait a little longer, and have it done right? Or would you rather have it now, running the risk of having to do it all over again because the engine wasn't assembled correctly?

Don't handcuff yourself. Do your due diligence and THOROUGHLY investigate the different options available for you.

Call JDM and speak to Jim jr. Ask him what the lead time is for getting an engine assembled and out to you.

Stewart

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread