So it's begun. Need some help.

StangKid018

Established Member
Question is at the bottom.

So i finally started the V1 project i'm taking on this winter going into the spring. I went with piecing it together the way I wanted to save money and well It's nice to choose not save up all at once and drop a ton of cash all at once on a supercharger kit, but having that extra grand in your pocket is nice. ;]

In the pic:

1. Bracket Assembly
2. Discharge Assembly (Useless now, with an intercooler setup?)
3. Air Intake Assembly
4. Oil feed
5. Oil drain

2011-09-07182858.jpg

I've decided to make the setup an inter-cooled setup as well, I'm gonna go with a CXRacing Kit: CXRacing 31" Intercooler Piping Kit INTEGRA RSX MUSTANG | eBay

Injectors, I was recommended: FIC Blue Demon HP Balanced Rebuilts - High Flow Blue Demon - FIC "Blue Demon" Modified 42LB Fuel Injectors high impedance - Fuel Injector Connection
My question is has anyone tried them, and if theyve had any problems with them at all?

SCT BA2400 90mm MAF

SVT Focus Pump

Then i'll top it all off with a dyno tune at Dez Performance Racing.

So, after doing some research this morning and reading up on the CXRacing Intercoolers or any intercooler for that matter people use, pretty much means my discharge assembly i bought is practically useless now I take? What would be the necessary parts needed to make my project build work out smoothly? That way the day of the build I don't get screwed missing out on something needed to finish it. :??:

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
You're correct, the discharge tube is not made to work with an intercooler setup. You can always try to sell it.

I've not heard of those injectors but another way to go about it is to keep your eye on the forums for 39lb cobra or 42lb lightning injectors...they typically always go for cheap. I got my lightning injectors from a local guy for $50.

StangKid018

Established Member
Is it just the discharge pipe or should I get rid of the whole assembly?

Discharge Tube
3" x 2" Sleeve
2-3/4" x 2" Sleeve
#44 Hose Clamps
#48 Hose Clamps
#16 Hose Clamps
Bypass Valve
1" x 3.5" Heater Hose
1" x 13.5" Heater Hose
5/32" x 52" Vacuum Line
5/32" TEE
1" Hose Union
1" x 90 Degree Rubber Elbow

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
well you need a bypass valve so you can probably keep that. Which one is it? Just the bosch one? Not real sure about the other stuff. You might be able to use some of the clamps and couplers when you are fitting your intercooler.

Users who are viewing this thread