So it's been over 6 months since I sold the 99...

AzDropTop

Established Member
I have to say I don't miss the Car at all. There hasn't been one day that I thought, "Man I wish I hadn't sold the Cobra!" In fact I'm amazed how happy I am that it's gone. So far the Jeep has been a blast and it starts every time I turn the key----LOL. Picked up a KLR650 recently as well so I have something to scoot around in at a fun pace. Anyway, just checking in! :banana:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
AzDropTop said:
I have to say I don't miss the Car at all. There hasn't been one day that I thought, "Man I wish I hadn't sold the Cobra!" In fact I'm amazed how happy I am that it's gone. So far the Jeep has been a blast and it starts every time I turn the key----LOL. Picked up a KLR650 recently as well so I have something to scoot around in at a fun pace. Anyway, just checking in! :banana:

well i must say...it's been almost four months for me and i feel the complete opposite...i want mine back...

of course, i went from driving that to a POS 93 grand prix...

just picked up an 02 grand prix gt this week though, so i'm feeling much better...but still counting the days until the next cobra...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Man i miss mine, last time i drove it was May, can't wait for spring so i can get her back out.......i love driving a mustang. My 93 Dakota does nothing nor does my wifes 06 Explorer

cobraracer46

Banned
There is no way in hell I would sell my cobra. It's a perfect car. I have driven short wheel base roll over prone Jeeps and I would cry if I had to swap my Cobra for one, but as long as you are happy with your Jeep, I guess that's all that matters.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I got a jeep and a 98 wrangler lifted with old man emu hd 4inch kit and rock crawling skid plates. I love the jeep. I guess its just the type of person ya are. I like the best of both worlds being able to drop the top in the jeep and take it up almost anything you can throw at it. Then i like to take the cobra out and mess with the hondas. If worst came to worst i would drive the jeep too. Congrats.

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
Well, I won't get rid of mine, even though I just picked this up this week.
lightnin1.jpg

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
nice L.

Hell I'm going to miss mine when I go on my cruise...but I'll bury the feelings with alky...

SpittinVenom

Established Member
When I sold my 98 cobra and started driving my 90 TSI AWD everyday, instead of just at the track, I couldnt stand it even though the DSM would run circles around the cobra, so a little over a month later I sold the talon and bought my 99 cobra and havnt looked back.

AzDropTop

Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
There is no way in hell I would sell my cobra. It's a perfect car. I have driven short wheel base roll over prone Jeeps and I would cry if I had to swap my Cobra for one, but as long as you are happy with your Jeep, I guess that's all that matters.

Mine's got the long wheelbase... :-D

I still love cobra's, Just don't miss owning one.

Playtme

Established Member
On 11-14-05 traded my 01 GT for a 01 Cobra. Drove it 100 miles home in the rain with bad tires. The second day, changed tires and took it to have it checked out at the local dealer the next day in the rain. On the third day it snowed!!! I put it on storage insurance and is sitting covered in the garage.
I CANT WAIT TILL APRIL!

AzDropTop

Established Member
99cobranix said:
Can't say I understand why you felt the need to post that. They probably would like to hear that kind of stuff at the jeep forums.

It seems that some of you guys are taking my post as a slam towards Cobra's, or saying Jeeps are better. NOT at all. I used to post here in the 99 section a lot and just wanted to check in. :thumbsup:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
It's a perfect car because unlike you, I don't over fill the the motor with oil or use clothing like a pair of socks as a part to fix my DOCH engine. :)
:whine:

yup, that extra .5 of a quart has turned my car from perfect into a pos. Oh, and socks on the breathers have gone further to ruin my DOCH motor.

lets face it, while a mustang is fun, its so far from perfect that its hard to fathom that one could think that.

cobraracer46

Banned
quadcammer said:
:

lets face it, while a mustang is fun, its so far from perfect that its hard to fathom that one could think that.
I totally disagree. I will say that your automotive knowledge is substantially lacking so it is hard to fathom why people ask you for automotive technical advice ;-) Anyways, I really happen to think that my Cobra is an almost perfect car because it does everything I ask it to do. The car is a convertible and it does not squeak or rattle, gets good mileage, handles well and makes good power, plus in my opinion, the interior and exterior styling is timeless and will never go out of style. On a warm sunny day with the top down, I can't think of a better car to drive than a Cobra convertible. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread