so i'm thinking about stingers...

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
i currently have a bassani catted-x and bassani catback. i really like the way my car sounds, but for some reason part of me wishes it was louder and more aggressive sounding. i hear a lot of talk about the borla stinger swap and was wondering if you feel its really worth the extra $300 i'd be spending in mufflers? and removing my cats isnt an option...cali isnt too friendly with that, lol

heres a short clip of my car. i dont really have the ear for these kinda things, but do you feel the stingers would be a big change over what i have now?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWKOPlShTJE"]YouTube- 2003 SVT COBRA - INTAKE, EXHAUST, PULLIED...[/nomedia]

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
idk how much of a change it will be loud wise, but it will deffiently be louder. Both the stingers and the bassani have a straight threw baffle, but the stingers outside case is alot smaller so they will be louder.

i had a bassani catback, then , magnaflow, and now stingers and the stingers sound the best IMO.

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
Yeah I agree with Dom, can't go wrong with stingers, they are loud but they also sound smooth which is something you can't say about most other cat-backs, IMO it is the best sounding muffler for terminators. I'm prolly going to order myself a set for the Slowbra this week, I just hope they aren't too loud with my setup. :rockon:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
prolly any really low rpm in a high gear they will drone.
i will have 3.27 w/ 26 tire going 70 to 75 will i be at 1800 rpms in 6th? more or less =grone still? or i need tha quiet borlas?

when i had 3.55 i had to go 90 mph so i could hear
my 3.73 arent that bad at 80 mph

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Borla quality is junk now. Chinese materials and very inexperienced welders. It is not good. Go with a pair of Magnapacks. You will not have any issues compared to the junk Borla puts out. Their warranty and customer service is a joke now.

Last edited:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
IS THIS DUDE FOR REAL ^^ CHINA AND HILLBILLY , Take! spelling lessons man.

Sorry man. New laptop. Still getting used to it. Yes I am for real. I just got out of their after a year of doing customer service, sales and technical support. If you don't believe call 805-986-8600 ask for Greg Weiss. Ask him a few questions such as how much power will I pick up? Or what type of sound am I going to get out of this? He is the customer service manager. Not only that, he is the only representatrive that works in customer service. They have one knowledgable person. That's it! Everyone else has zero automotive knowledge. Call and see his answers to you. It will be 5-7% and deep throaty tone. Righttttt. He will give you the same response for any system. There are quite a few kits that won't make any power, but they are advertised that they do.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Sorry man. New laptop. Still getting used to it. Yes I am for real. I just got out of their after a year of doing customer service, sales and technical support. If you don't believe call 805-986-8600 ask for Greg Weiss. Ask him a few questions such as how much power will I pick up? Or what type of sound am I going to get out of this? He is the customer service manager. Not only that, he is the only representatrive that works in customer service. They have one knowledgable person. That's it! Everyone else has zero automotive knowledge. Call and see his answers to you. It will be 5-7% and deep throaty tone. Righttttt. He will give you the same response for any system. There are quite a few kits that won't make any power, but they are advertised that they do.
sorry man i had to, everyone rags my ass over spelling too, at times i cuzz them out so bad in a pm cant belive im not banned ,,laptops are funky:beer:

Jefe

Established Member
[ame=http://vimeo.com/11862131]SVT Cobra Borla Stinger Compilation on Vimeo[/ame]

Cobra 08

So Tired
Established Member
Borla quality is junk now. Chinese materials and very inexperienced welders. It is not good. Go with a pair of Magnapacks. You will not have any issues compared to the junk Borla puts out. Their warranty and customer service is a joke now.

So help me out here, I have Magnapacks already. Should I just keep them and forget the Borla Stingers?:dw: I don't want a bad quality product!

Users who are viewing this thread