so, im looking for inspiration...

cobra_neill

Established Member
Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
hey guys, im looking for some inspiration on my fox build. i have a few ideas in mind on what to choose from but i want to see if there are any people here who have the combination i am looking for. currently, the car is white with blue and white interior. bone stock white leather LX seats with blue door panels and interior trim. the car has to be almost totally dismantled because i will be changing the motor to a carbed 351w with C4 auto. this model is a convertible.

i have 3 main options on how to rebuild.

paint the car black, with black and red interior (from TMI, Mach 1 interior) the only downside is that i will have to replace the dashboard from the car as it is currently blue. the rest will be ordered when needed.

paint the car dark metallic blue, keep the blue interior with white accents but re cover the seats in vinyl as the leather is shot.

just spray a coat of white over the existing paint, renew the interior using white vinyl.

if anyone has any pictures of similar cars, please post them here. the car will be sitting on a set of chrome pony wheels too so if it has the wheel combination too that would be great!

Neill

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
Lots of people do, just maybe not on here...

All kidding aside, I wish I could help you. I read this yesterday, but as you can see in my sig, I can't offer help on this one.

I wish ya luck, let us know what you wind up doing.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I have a black fox coupe with black 10 holes. see sig. Why a vert, and why with a c-4? Build a 5 speed car, they are 10x more fun. I have had lentech aod cars, c-4 cars, and 5 speed cars, and I would take a 5 speed over any of those combos.

cobra_neill

Established Member
I have a black fox coupe with black 10 holes. see sig. Why a vert, and why with a c-4? Build a 5 speed car, they are 10x more fun. I have had lentech aod cars, c-4 cars, and 5 speed cars, and I would take a 5 speed over any of those combos.

i already own the car, i would love a notch but they are rare as hell here. i would keep things as simple as possible with the swap, hence the c4 trans. hell i would take an AOD if it meant i could spend less money. its all down to what parts i can find and when they come up. sometimes you just dont have the money...

cobra_neill

Established Member
i like the blue option myself, 2nd choice would be black.

Tony, LRS stands for latemodel restoration, right?

if so, i will be buying most of the restoration pieces from yourself. i ordered a bunch of parts for my cobra and fox mustang when on vacation over there. i have always had great service too!

i think the cost effectiveness is leading me to stay white. as much as i dislike the color on the car right now. maybe once its refreshed i will enjoy it more.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Yes that should be latemodel resto, and they are good people to deal with. I have been buying from them for many many years.

Users who are viewing this thread