So Im kinda confused about my 60' time.

SVT03CobraVert

Established Member
Ran 2 weeks ago at one of my local tracks.

First run ran a 8.01 shifting around 5800 "No spray" with a 2.XX sixty foot

I was kinda impressed with the run figuring I only shifted around 5800 rpms

Second run my sixty foot time was a 1.63 is that a normal time for my mods, b/c when I told people my 60' time they didnt believe me until I showed them my time slip??

mustang john

Established Member
Did your ET reflect the .4 faster sixty foot? If you ran an 8.0 with a 2.0 sixty then a 1.6 sixty should be a 7.6 or quicker all things being equal.

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i think they questioned the 60' because its almost unheard of to get 1.6's out of a nitto 555r. those tires are just not good for launching, but if you did it hey more power to you. no offense but there might have been a timing error. to go from a 2.x to a 1.6 is a HUGE jump and i highly doubt a nitto provided that short time.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
i think they questioned the 60' because its almost unheard of to get 1.6's out of a nitto 555r. those tires are just not good for launching, but if you did it hey more power to you. no offense but there might have been a timing error. to go from a 2.x to a 1.6 is a HUGE jump and i highly doubt a nitto provided that short time.

Nittos get a bad rap at the track, i have had good luck with mine. when i had 275/40/17s they got me 1.8 sixties all the time and some times in the 1.7 with a bone stock suspension and i drove on those everyday. My current 275/60/15s have got me 1.6s several times with my SRA setup but the extra sidewall does help alot, and those are daily driven on too.

SVT03CobraVert

Established Member

I launched from around 3500 the second time nothing like my 8.01 Run/Launch

Second run ended up being mid 7's

The Nittos heald up very nice, Didnt spin a single time down the track or off the launch.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
The 1.6X would have definitely thrown you back in the seat compared to nothing on the 2.XX.

Users who are viewing this thread