So I'm in the market for a forged short block and a roll cage.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I am aiming for 750 - 800 RWHP reliably (well as reliably as the tank of gas I put in it). So I am in need of a forged short block. Who do you guys recommend?

I am also in the market for a bolt in 6 point cake after recently being told to leave the the track for going to fast and not having the proper safety equipment.

I'm open to suggestions. I am looking to max out my 2.3L TVS.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Wow, nice! Had to have it before Ford weekend huh? Make sure and bottle up some of the new car smell, it disappears too quickly.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Better hurry it up man, 20% chance of rain Wednesday but looks like the temps will be nice and cool.

Very nice, did you go auto or manual?

M6, i drove an auto and although I liked it I just cant get over buying an auto for a car that will be 90% street car. If i planned on tracking it more often then auto for sure but It might see the track 3-4 times per year, MAX.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Wow, nice! Had to have it before Ford weekend huh? Make sure and bottle up some of the new car smell, it disappears too quickly.

haha, I wish i could. Cant wait to be able to cruise around with you guys again. Been outta the game to long:beer:

Bud

Established Member
M6, i drove an auto and although I liked it I just cant get over buying an auto for a car that will be 90% street car. If i planned on tracking it more often then auto for sure but It might see the track 3-4 times per year, MAX.

Good times, that makes me feel better. I fear somebody getting an A6 up here, quickly slapping a cheap nitrous kit on it and then kicking Jon and I's asses all over the place.

M6 is a better street car for sure, way more fun for the daily. Congrats

Op - Sorry for the hijack, do you have to do the other tech stuff too like axle retention, aftermarket axles, trans shield/flywheel/etc depending on trans type, sfi damper, driveshaft loops, etc?

Bad Intention

Established Member
I am also in the market for a bolt in 6 point cake after recently being told to leave the the track for going to fast and not having the proper safety equipment.

I went with Wolfe Race craft and added my own swing out connections( applied racing tech.) Had it powder coated local and did the install my self.

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

2011fiveliter

Established Member
As for a Forged shortblock, I would recommend you look at L and M, Livernois, JPC racing(RICH GROH), MMR. They all seem to be making some incrediable stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread