So I'm at a crossroads with my suspension and could use some advice

steveofiveo

Established Member
So I have been researching struts/shocks for the mustang for a little while now (I used the search button). I mostly street drive the car. I will go to the track once/twice a year (drag race) as well as take it to limerock a couple times (road course). It is a weekend/fair weather car only and that's where 95% of the driving will be. I am changing the springs also with the strut tower mounts.

Here's the problem:

Koni yellow's on sale (currently 20% off) for $605.00

Tokico D-spec for $609.00

Strange for $460.00

I like that the stranges have a dial to the rears to adjust the rebound. Do the koni's or the tokico rears have a knob or do they have to be disconected and twisted to adjust (which I can see would be a pain).

So what would you do ?:shrug:

CobraHuck

Established Member
I know the Tokico's you adjust with a knob on top of the shock, where it pokes through the mount. Can't say on the Koni's.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'll be lowering mine in the next couple months, she's my DD, AutoX, and Road Atlanta/Roebling Road/Barber car. I'm leaning toward the Strange's because of the price, the ease of adjustability, and the fact there's more adjustments than the other two (10 on the strange, 7 on the tokico, don't remember on koni's)

steveofiveo

Established Member
thanks guys, keep the replies coming.

One quick question on the stranges. How do the front struts adjust ? Is it the usual removeable knob on the center shaft (clicks or does it just turn ) ?

deepblue13

Established Member
It has the same knob as the shocks on the base. It "clicks" when you turn it.

pohnjarker

Established Member
I will be going with the Strange because of the ease of adjustability when going from the street to the track. of course the price is a good selling point as well.

steveofiveo

Established Member
Thanks guys !

It looks like the price point and ease of adjustability of the strange setup wins hands down to the other two.

Strange it is.

Thanks again.

S:banana:

mhyjek

Established Member
Thanks guys !

It looks like the price point and ease of adjustability of the strange setup wins hands down to the other two.

Strange it is.

Thanks again.

S:banana:
Got my koni yellows for $500 shipped bnib plus lifetime warranty I have my receipt at work I will give you the name of the retailer

Doug1227

Established Member
I'd like to know where you guys are finding the koni yellows that cheap. Around $720 on EBay is he best I've seen.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
I went with strange. Waiting for my cobra jet springs to come in so I can put in the fronts when I change the strut mount. The rear went right in when I did my sway bar brackets. Im riding on 6 right now for the street. Cant wait to feel the car when the whole kit is on. Plus you cant beat the price.

Dave5.0

Established Member
I've heard the strange isn't really flat in the corners. I would consider the Konis. After a lot of research that's what I went with. That and the steeda ultralight is what I've been told is a great combo. I went for the competition springs though.

Doug1227

Established Member
Did a little research and apparently Koni is offering 20% off right now, so most distributors are advertising a sale. I ended up ordering through Summit @ $628 delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread